pet chickens to new home - PA

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by angelchix, Oct 2, 2012.

1. angelchix

angelchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    As of right now, I need to find loving homes for my beloved surplus roos. I am getting my start as a breeder so I am selected my birds for next years breeding.

* I have two white silkie roos that are not bantam sized, see the pictures.

*I also have two yellow/golden brahmas

*And lastly, I have two cochin/silkie roos, a guess has been made to call their color as red columbian.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  3. angelchix

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
  4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Are your Brahmas roos or hens and how old are they. I am located in 17801. I would be interested in them if they are hens!!

6. angelchix

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    They are my surplus roos, picked the roos for breeding and rest need loving homes. Since I am the breeder of them, I know for sure that their temperment will be more docile since I will not breed an agressive roo (selective breeding for temperment like dogs). The silkies hatched in March. The Brahmas hatched in May and June (one from each hatch) and the cochin/silkie mixes hatched in July.

7. angelchix

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    I am going to paste them, recently I have just been checking on this before I leave to work (yes, unfortantly we all gotta go to our places of employment to keep our chickies housed and fed![​IMG]). So these surplus roo are free since I dont have the room to keep them all or I would. I pick up their daddies and carry them around the yard like a pet kitty or puppy (even though my cochin roo probably weighs 12 lbs. or over)
    I want to do the breeding to establish new colors (and a larger sized in the silkies) not to get rich on them.[​IMG] People at wok think I am a crazy chicken obsessed person, ha!, if they only knew the whole story![​IMG]

8. angelchix

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    Its a good idea to ask what the new owner wants to do with the roo cause i just found someone who wants one of my roo but as a fighting cock! I was like, aaaa, no way!!! Plus my lil fellows are mellow, I dont rehome agressive roos. I hate to say it, but we eat them. I dont want anyone getting an agressive roo and getting turned on chickens (kinda like people getting attacked by agressive unstable dogs). And they woulent have to suffer being food on your table like someone who would put a roo through a life of misery just to fight them! Ahhhh!!! Sorry, I love my chickies to much to think of them in a bad situation,.

9. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Do you have a brahama girl?

10. angelchix

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    I have only a handful since I am working on a new color variety for the brahma breed, next spring i will have lots when I begin breeding and culling those without the new color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by