Pet Duck's Trip to Lake

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by token13, Dec 5, 2013.

1. token13

token13 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2013
    San Diego
    Thought I'd share our fun afternoon, we took Diesel and Token to play at the lake :) Token was with his own kind for a change lol. I have to say though she was NOT as interested as I thought she'd be, completely ignored the dozens of ducks around paying no attention to anyone but Diesel and us. We tried to push her into the bunch but if another duck tried getting close she'd peck at them[​IMG] haha. So we went to the other side of the lake with only a few ducks and put her in the water to take a swim at least. She was happy as long as we were visible and swam by our side while we walked the pier.[​IMG] After she swam out to Diesel and was soooo cheerful! Could not stop talking to him, bragging about it all the walk back[​IMG] They're so tired now[​IMG] Mission Complete.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    That's fun. They will beg for a trip to the lake now. [​IMG]

3. token13

Nov 12, 2013
    San Diego
    They loved it! And yes they will :) Can't wait to take them again

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Hi Token! I frequent that lake and everyone was very enthusiastic about you and your dog and duck and showed me photos that they took. I'm sorry I missed it. I like the spiked collar.

There's a lot of handsome drakes there that know just what to say to a pretty female duck (especially Bigboi, the male cayuga duck there), so make sure that Token doesn't get starry-eyed and swim away. ;)

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I am very much a worry wort, what about diseases she may pick up too?

6. desertdarlene

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I'm not sure about diseases. I've been told that the birds I've found homes for or have taken in for injuries from that lake are fairly "clean" of a lot of diseases and parasites. Though, I'm sure there are a few that might be sick because birds come and go from there regularly and can pick up stuff from other places.

7. token13

Nov 12, 2013
    San Diego
    Desertdarlene Thank you! Yes, everyone around wondered if Token was from there haha but I'm glad you got to see pictures :) We will definitely be going back to play and to look for that Cayuga drake! I didn't know there was one there

8. desertdarlene

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Yes, there's one male and two female cayugas there and one male black Indian runner duck, too. Bigboi is the oldest domestic duck there and he's on the west side of the parking lot. He has a couple of white spots on his chest and part of one of his feet is missing. But, he loves the girls.

9. token13

Nov 12, 2013
    San Diego
    Nice, we have to look for them next time. Maybe Token will feel more comfortable playing with other cayugas..? Hmm.. :) thanks

10. desertdarlene

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    You're welcome! Just make sure she goes home with you when you're done. It's not safe for a friendly duck to be there all alone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by