GeneralSV

Chirping
Apr 7, 2019
I recently just got a rabbit that my brother's friend couldn't take care of anymore, my first animal that can be spayed. And I have searched the Internet on pet insurance and with no luck got any answers. What is pet insurance and do I need one to get my rabbit spayed? How much does it cost to spay a rabbit? Should I get another rabbit in the future as a companion? Can I house two female rabbits together, whether spayed or not? Currently, she is quite obedient compared to when I got her, so is spaying necessary?

You can spay if you want. You can also keep two rabbits together although spaying might reduce aggressiveness. Cost can be as little as $50-$75 all the way up to $250+. It all depends where you live. Country vets are usually cheaper than vets in metropolitan areas.

IMO Pet insurance is only worth it if you have a pet with a serious condition. Who needs extra veterinary care and constant medication. Like my friends dog who has lymphoma. Getting her spayed will vary in different areas as far as price. Probably cheaper to get her spayed then the monthly payment for the pet insurance

Pet insurance can be a good investment, or not, like any insurance plan. Non of us expects our pet to have a serious illness or accident, and then it's too late to get the insurance!
Having a 'piggy bank fund' is a good plan, because in addition to regular health care expenses, bad things do happen, and having a bit saved helps.
Mary

And there’s are Care Credit. My vet told me about it. Usually a vet will help walk you through the call. Its very quick You have 6 months to pay it back interest free then after that interest is added. My vet gave me the info when eat surgery got brought up with our cat. Even though we were able to afford it luckily she told me keep the info just in case (works for dr and dentist bills too).

My dog has to get her blood tested once a year a trip to the vet every 3 to 4 months and has a prescription that’s almost $100 a month. And when I added it all up the pet insurance was still more expensive. It can be great when it comes to some really serious stuff that will last it’s entire life

... I have searched the Internet on pet insurance and with no luck got any answers. What is pet insurance and do I need one to get my rabbit spayed? ...

I raised rabbits when I was a young boy. We never heard of anything like pet insurance, but we had no local vets for small animals where I lived anyway. IMHO, the best pet insurance is you learning as much as you can from books/forums/internet/YouTube, etc...

As an adult, I don't even consider pet insurance for my flock of chickens, because I could literally buy 20 young healthy chickens for the price of one simple trip to our local vet. If I can't nurse my livestock back to health by myself, I will cull if necessary and not let the animal suffer. I take that as my responsibility as their keeper.

I never had more than one adult rabbit in a cage. Different breeds may get along better than others, but the breeds I had would not allow more than 1 adult rabbit per cage, or they would fight.

Of course, if you keep the rabbits in separate cages, then you would not have to be concerned about getting it spayed. I would think it cheaper to buy another cage then a trip to the vet.

Of course, if you keep the rabbits in separate cages, then you would not have to be concerned about getting it spayed. I would think it cheaper to buy another cage then a trip to the vet.

Get her spayed if you want her to live a longer life.
If left unspayed, the risk of uterine cancer is approximately 80%
and this is usually fatal.

There is such a thing as "pet insurance"? Seriously?

Just when you think you have heard everything....

P.S... OMG.... There actually is such a thing as pet health insurance....

Back
Top Bottom