1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pet Peeves........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahBeth9394, Dec 24, 2011.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I hate it when people open up water bottles at home. Those bottles are for taking with you when you go somewhere. There's a Brita pitcher in the kitchen. It costs nearly nothing for a glass of water so stop being so stinking lazy and pour it from the pitcher.

How about your pet peeves.....

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    When my cousins used to come over they would open a can of pop as they were walking out the door to go home...

3. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    One of my biggest is when there is a sidewalk and someone is riding their bike or walking in the road, so that I have to move way over to avoid hitting them. Ugh...drives me nuts. That is what the sidewalks are there for!

4. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    If you can pet the chickens,dogs, horse, brag about the chickens,dogs, horse, play with the chickens, dogs, horse and happily eat the chickens eggs. Why do get I home at 11:00 at night and have to feed/water/potty/turn on brooder lamps for the chickens, dogs, horse? Especially if you have not worked today and I worked 16 hrs straight through on 4 hrs sleep? Doesn't happen all of the time but when it does I get HOT!
    My other one is : I work 2 pm to 10 pm why do I have to do dinner dishes when I get home or in the morning when I get up? I didn't cook or eat dinner here.

5. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Actually, the sidewalk is for walking.
    One of mine is when a cyclist (bicycle) is riding on the sidewalk when they should be going with the flow of traffic on the road, and I have to walk in the grass as to not get run over!

6. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    ...I hate it when people put an apostrophy before EVERY "s" they write/type! GRRR what is happening to our schools?! [​IMG]

7. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I guess I don't like babies, of the human or animal kind [​IMG]
    I much prefer them when they've grown a bit older, especially as kids stop crying and start talking [​IMG]

(Don't yell at me please, I'm a little tired of being told I have no feelings because I don't cry and squeal at everything "cute" or "sad". That is another of my pet peeves.)

8. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    People who pull right out in front of me even though there are no cars behind me when I am going 55, then proceed to go 35 mph. Ugh. drives me crazy

9. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:Add that one to my list too! GRRR

10. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I just find it dangerous (and annoying). But, at least walk on the sidewalk then and get out of the road! If the bikes have to be on the road, so be it, but it is incredibly annoying when you are in a 35 mph speed zone and have to slow to 10 (and almost get rearended) because someone is riding their bike and you can't get past them without hitting them. All busy roads should have a bike lane. I appreciate those that do!

Quote:Actually, the sidewalk is for walking.
    One of mine is when a cyclist (bicycle) is riding on the sidewalk when they should be going with the flow of traffic on the road, and I have to walk in the grass as to not get run over!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by