Pet Quality Legbar Pullets - NH local pick up only

blackbirds13

Songster
9 Years
Jun 29, 2010
Southern New Hampshire
I am starting to cull my Legbar girls down. I have several female chicks 4-8 weeks old that I would like to re-home over the next few weeks. These are all purebred Legbars but their hackle color is to dark or gold. Some may carry the recessive ig gene some may not.
I also have one male chick with a nice crest but he will also have to much color. He is free if anyone wants to come pick him up.
The photo shows the correct colored hackle and the darker hackle.
This is an auto-sexing breed and are wonderful and prolific layers of pretty blue eggs.

I am located in Southern New Hampshire.

Last edited:
As I understand it, from the way the ad is written, it is $10 per female There was one male (now gone) who was free. None of the birds were paired, as these are culls and not up to breeding standard, though whoever took the male could also have bought a female and chosen to pair them.

They are listed as pet quality and if you chose to breed them they would most likely not produce SOP offspring. You could breed them and create blue egg, auto-sexing layers but they would not be up to the breeding standard of an SOP Cream Legbar. They can be used to make sex-links and pretty backyard layers.

Back
Top Bottom