Pet quality Silkie flock for sale - Chalmers, Indiana - pics added

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by IndianaSilkies, Sep 8, 2009.

1. IndianaSilkies

IndianaSilkies Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    Chalmers, Indiana
    Hello all, I have decided to sell out of my silkies [​IMG] and just keep a couple as broody girls. I will get pictures on here tomorrow after I get home from work. I am selling 3 black hens -2 are laying everyday- they are 2 yrs old. I have 2 roosters -1 black and 1 splash (or mutt)- the splash is bigger than silkies should be. The splash roo just started doing his job a few months ago and so is about a yr old and I don't know about the age of the black roo. There are 2 other black hens that should start laying in a few months. The other 20 or so are all chicks of different ages (1 week to 3 months). They are all cute! They have really great foot feathering and correct toes, the problem is they don't have fluffy enough top knots. They are pretty colors (I think the splash roo has other colors in him) and just adorable. Just not good for showing other than local small fairs. They make great broodies and are very gentle and sweet!

I would like to get $10 for the adults (or $15 for a hen and roo) and $5 each for the chicks. I am willing to make deals on multiple birds as I really need the space for our Marans! [​IMG]

We are located west of Chalmers, In just about 7 miles off I65, 30 minutes north of Lafayette, In and 15 minutes from Monticello (Indiana Beach). I have never shipped chicks so am very hesitant to do so....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Yeah, pictures, pictures, pictures.....I might be interested....

3. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I'd be very interested in chicks. Is there a possibility that you could meet me in Lafayette if I did get some from you? I'd like some chicks in just about any color except white. I already have white and we found out the hard way that they are VERY hard to keep clean, lol. Especially with some of the storms we've had come through here this summer! Do you by chance have any Splash chicks? Please let me know. Thanks!

4. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Is it "tomorrow after work" yet?

[​IMG]

5. IndianaSilkies

Feb 16, 2009
    Chalmers, Indiana
    I finally got the pictures up! Hooray! I will try to add more later too.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  6. IndianaSilkies

Feb 16, 2009
    Chalmers, Indiana
    Hi chicken_china_mom, I could meet you closer actually! I grew up in Benton county and could meet you in Oxford or Pine Village if you would want, I could visit my parents then too. [​IMG] I was raised about 3 miles from Henry's Speedway (now its called Benton County Speedway, I think, have you heard of it?) I knew Tab sounded familiar but I had to look it up on a map before I remembered.

What ones are you interested in?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by