"pet SERVAL KILLED" raiding chicken coop in Pa

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by wilds of pa, Nov 28, 2008.

1. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  2. SO SAD. Servels are really cool animals and you just do not find them in America all that much. Some people do hav them as pets, I used to know a guy that had one in his house. What a hoot this cat was. SO SAD, they must have left a way out for the cat.

3. wilds of pa

Its a sham its owner couldn't keep it penned properly, now the poor cat lost its life for its owners ignorance and the chicken keeper lost some of his birds for that ignorance as well.
    It is very sad in all.

Your right those servals are awesome looking cats though...

Charlie

4. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    What a shame for eveyone involved minus the idoit that wanted to keep exotic pet so he or she could show off, sorry one of my pet peeves!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Well from how it reads the owner may not even be the owner.

Thanks for sharing Charlie.

6. wilds of pa

Zookeeper9000 you bet, that may be that they are unsure of the owner, but they will have an update to the story sooner or later. I thought it was a good story its something we don't read about to often going after chickens here in the states..

Charlie

7. Kingpen

Kingpen New Egg

Nov 29, 2008
    Kentucky
    I actually love a serval but most people should not own a serval but a hybrid so whomever "lost" that cat lost some money. They are hard to obtain and ver expensive to keep and stupid they let it out to get in a chicken coop. Wonderfu animal but persons must be responsible for their pets as that is their responsibility. If I woned one and it did that I would expect it to be killed. It would not be a surprise as it is the law. A real serval should have a real cage or habitat. Still cannot believe a real serval was out and about. Someone will find out who owns that cat , they are too rare and expensive.

8. Chickafoog

Chickafoog Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    So sad! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by