Pet Sitter Problems...

HopieGirl4Ever

The Chook Artist
5 Years
Oct 23, 2014
At my Desk
Need to vent - hope nobody minds.

We recently went for a three-day vacation, and had one of our friends who used to raise chickens take care of our flock. One of our hens was sitting on eggs, and we told them that she was broody and to leave her be. We showed them where to pick up eggs from, and told them that they could take all the eggs for themselves to eat. We came back, and all seemed fine. Only today did it occur to me to check under the broody hen, and all six eggs she was sitting on were gone, no shells, nest clean. We are still waiting to hear back from them, but we are pretty sure that they took those eggs. The eggs were mostly developed and were due to hatch soon.
hit.gif

Need to vent - hope nobody minds.

We recently went for a three-day vacation, and had one of our friends who used to raise chickens take care of our flock. One of our hens was sitting on eggs, and we told them that she was broody and to leave her be. We showed them where to pick up eggs from, and told them that they could take all the eggs for themselves to eat. We came back, and all seemed fine. Only today did it occur to me to check under the broody hen, and all six eggs she was sitting on were gone, no shells, nest clean. We are still waiting to hear back from them, but we are pretty sure that they took those eggs. The eggs were mostly developed and were due to hatch soon.
OyVey!!!
Were the broodies eggs marked?
If not, they are in for a nasty karmic surprise.
I would have called them immediately to ask if they did take those eggs...or maybe not?

Candle the suspect eggs with a flash lite.

Having chicken sitters is getting to be something I could write a book about. Detailed directions in writing needed. No outside dogs allowed in. No helpers not checked out in training process.

OyVey!!!
Were the broodies eggs marked?
If not, they are in for a nasty karmic surprise.
I would have called them immediately to ask if they did take those eggs...or maybe not?

They were not marked this time. They should have been... We did ask them, no response yet.

Candle the suspect eggs with a flash lite.

Having chicken sitters is getting to be something I could write a book about. Detailed directions in writing needed. No outside dogs allowed in. No helpers not checked out in training process.

Yes, agreed. We will certainly write instructions for next time, and hire someone better.

Back
Top Bottom