I know this isn't chicken related, but it is a concern for all animal owners. I just got my dog out of the hospital from ingesting "Buckeye" nuts. These are VERY toxic! Besides running up a several hundred dollar veterinary bill - the effects on my dog were very extreme (vomiting, dis-orientation, inability to stand or walk very well). This is the 5th day, those she is not 100%, she has made a marked and much welcomed recovery. My point to all this is be aware of what is in your surroundings and possible effect it may have. I know this is common sense, but we have / had several pets since living here and none have shown the slightest interest in the buckeyes - except Poochie! Just a little heads up.