Peter

RIR chicks

Songster
Sep 28, 2020
I used to have a rabbit. He belonged to a boy who was in my class last year. One day he was set loose. My brothers and I caught him. He was black and white, he has to friends: a black one and a white one. We put him in our dog’s crate until we could get him a proper cage. We checked with his old owners who said it was okay to keep him because they didn’t want rabbits anymore. They even gave us a little bit of food to feed him until we buy our own.

My dad’s parents used to have rabbits so, they gave us their old cage. My mom started calling the rabbit Peter. We didn’t know if he was a boy or girl but, he still had Peter as his permanent name. I fed him whenever his bowl was empty and washed his water bowl twice a day. I gave him so vegetables from the garden and let him have a free time when he could get out of his cage and munch on grass. I always watched him when he had free time.

One day, Peter escaped. Me and my brothers re-caught him. A few days later I had to go somewhere, when I returned Peter’s cage was empty. My older brother got tired of trying to catch Peter so, only me and my younger brother were looking for him. He escaped a few days before school started so, I was worried a little kid would grab him on their way to school. (I live in a town, next to the elementary school.) when my brother was finished with his homework we would go look for Peter. Peter had gotten better at hiding and running away so we couldn’t catch him. One day, we stopped seeing Peter outside. A few weeks later, my friend told me she knew what happened to Peter. She told me a cat ate him. The rabbits were hanging out around her house, and she scared away all the cats that came into her yard to protect the rabbits. She didn’t know Peter belonged to me at that time. she couldn’t save Peter from a cat and the cat ate him.

RIP Peter😭😢😭😢!!!:_( :hit :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit
There is a pic of Peter’s Cage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    643.1 KB · Views: 7
Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss! RIP Peter. I hope some day you'll have the opportunity to have rabbits again, in a nice environment they can't escape from, and cats or other predators can't get into.
We need more animal lovers like you in this world.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom