Petey... Oh Petey.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by aubreynoramarie, Jul 12, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    So far my rooster experience has been... Erm... Lovely?

Petey is the stupidest chicken I have, not what I pictured when we decided we would go ahead and keep a roo.

That little twerp bit me this morning! I was letting them out of the dang coop and he bit me! It was a corkscrew bite too. Clamp and twist. I shot that sucker halfway across the yard.
    When he landed he was in front of my beautiful Delaware hen. So Petey gets up, shakes himself off, then starts doing his entirely unimpressive wingdance around her. ( yes, he is half her size.) she stares at him for a moment before giving him a nice FWOMP right between the eyes and casually waltzing off. ( that's my girl!)
    His pride is hurt, so he will just stand in the same spot for 20 minutes crowing his head off. That's it, Petey.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    awww poor Petey! lol. Not for biting you but for attempting to recover after an embarrasing hit and then getting rejected. lol [​IMG]

3. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Yeah, while I like to think his pride was hurt- I'm really not too certain that he has any anyways...?

4. Whitney13

Whitney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Malvern, AR
    My rooster Chaos does the same thing at least once a week. He charges at me, I kick him, he lands, starts his little wing dance thing, the hens all three walk away like he is stupid, and then he crows like an idiot for about 10 minutes. [​IMG] He just can't seem to learn, poor thing is as dumb as a brick.

5. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Lol okay well I'm sorry to say it but I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one with a stupid rooster.

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Stan the Man just politely tugs on my shorts. Meanwhile, Little Joe did the stamp dance and Little Sister nailed his teenage fanny all over the coop. He tries to mount a gal and Little Sister is right there, grabs his tail feathers, and drags him around like a crippled grasshopper! I like Little Sister. She has a kind eye but occasionally will give me a 'hen squint'. And she's a talker. I hear her bawwwwk bawwwwk before the roosters crow. I think she's telling them it's time to crow!

7. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Haha that's super cute!
    Petey is full of hormones and is giving major attitude because of it.
    The other day I found my favorite little showgirl hen dead on my porch. I went to inspect her and Petey ran up to do so also. I got all "awww, I'm sorry Petey." I thought he was genuinely upset thy one of his girls was dead. No. He jumped on her dead body and raped her face until I kicked him off.

OH PETEY!!!!!

8. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Nature huh? He decided to indulge in some necrophilia...nice. [​IMG] sometimes chickens are soooo sweet and adorable and other times, ohmigod!

9. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    And other time they're like Petey, lol

10. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Absolutely. I have a giant white RIW I keep seperated from my bantams. She broke into their pen, cornered my little hen, ripped out a couple of butt feathers AND ATE THEM! That bit white hen is starting to look mighty tasty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by