Petfinder addiction

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by claud, May 12, 2010.

1. claud

claud Songster

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    Does anyone else get sucked into Petfinder for hours?

I was up way too late last night because I just couldn't stop looking. I've now identified two dogs that I just have to have! And I don't even want another dog - really!

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Songster

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I look all the time......but I must be strong!

3. The Lisser

The Lisser Songster

Oh yeah. And the animal shelter website too.

4. muscovy94

muscovy94 Songster

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Same here. I love looking on petfinder. It just makes me sad though.

5. claud

claud Songster

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    I think when I'm ready for another dog I will get a shelter dog. Some just seem like they'd make the perfect dog for my family and I've raised lots of puppies so I wouldn't mind missing that part.

And there are lots of critters besides dogs too!

6. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Add me to the list. I really can't have another dog right now (though I would love an addition to my mushing team!0, but I still find myself looking through the dogs every day.

7. LAMchop

LAMchop Chirping

Nov 24, 2009
    SW VA
    I'm a total Petfinder addict. I'm always telling people about this dog or cat that they just HAVE to see! My first response when someone wants a new pet: look on Petfinder!

8. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Songster

Mar 20, 2008
    I'm hooked on a couple of different animal classifieds. [​IMG] And around here Craigslist pets classifieds are like a soap opera. People fighting back and forth about rehoming fees and animal flipping and such. There is a person posting on there saying they are keeping track and turning in people that charge for animals to the IRS for unclaimed profits. [​IMG]

9. lagpmgdsls

lagpmgdsls Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    oh yea....my only wish is that I wish most of these rescue organizations didn't make adopting such a hard process. i was recently rejected by a golden retriever rescue group because I already have an 8 month old puppy and they feel I need to dedicate more time to her.....even though I provided all the needed info...had a perfect vet reference...totally fenced in yard....etc.

I also had a Golden who lived to a month shy of being 17 yrs old.....

10. chickenlittle1980

chickenlittle1980 Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    oh my yes and i always tell people when they ask about one of my border collies she is why not to be on petfinder at 1:30 in the morring!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: