Petri my broody ginger red pullet

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Wanex, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Wanex

Wanex Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

She is currently broody and is sitting in 9 eggs, she is a ginger red oegb and she is not aggressive towards me when i try to pet her while she is sitting on her eggs, but definitely growls and puffs when another hen gets near her, i hope she hatches all 9 eggs since this is the first time hatching almost pure ginger reds :) well i inbreeded my pure blood ginger red roo to his daughters which look just like the ginger red hens and im hoping to improve my not so called breed line but its ok :)

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Oh she is soooo cute! [​IMG] Good luck on the hatch! I've got a Mille Fluer OEGB, and I just love her.

3. Wanex

May 20, 2014
    Thanks b.hromada :) she is a sister of two others but currently the only one broody :) and i hope your chicken does well :)

4. Free as a Bird

Free as a Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2014
    New England
    Wow, what a pretty chicken! It must be so fun to have a hen hatch chicks... Anyway, good luck!

1 person likes this.
  5. Wanex

May 20, 2014
    Thank you _free as a bird_ and yes im so anxious to see the little chicks :) they are supposed to hatch on the 11th of this month just 4 more days to go :D I'll upload some pictures as soon as they hatch, if it is that they do, :( :D

6. Wanex

May 20, 2014
    Yes finally :D 7/9 hatched, I cracked the other two and they just had the yolk all mixed. I'll upload pictures of the baby chicks tomorrow afternoon :).

7. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Petri is a beautiful hen! I can't wait to see her chicks!

1 person likes this.
  8. Wanex

May 20, 2014
    Thank you so much :) they are really, really small :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by