PetSmart Rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KellyHM, Jan 7, 2009.

1. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    DH and I went to buy some fish tonight to put with our Oscars. I know Oscars can be aggressive, but we only have 3 tiny baby ones in a 55 gallon tank. The lady (too nice of a word since I can't use the one I want) REFUSED to sell us other fish b/c they were going in w/ Oscars! [​IMG] She was NOT nice to begin with and that just topped it off! They sell feeder fish, so what do they care if I want to buy fancy fish and take the chance that they'll end up as expensive feeder fish?! Stupid, stupid, stupid person! [​IMG] So we left and went to PetCo...got 2 blue Gouramis and a catfish...and everyone is hanging out happily now. [​IMG] I won't be going back to PetSmart any time soon...

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    NOOOOOOOO dont go to PetCo thats where they had the free puppies. LOL. I hate when people do that, like they know whats better for me than I do.

3. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    [​IMG] At least I only came home with fish!

4. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Quote:That's cuz they don't have chickens or quail at PetStore [​IMG]
    -Spooky

5. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    -Spooky

You're right! And it's a good thing too! Did I mention I came home w/ 3 new chickens from the auction last weekend that I just HAD to have?[​IMG]

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    What's the big deal really?

I mean...you go and see several floating in any given aquarium.

Then another pet/feed store who helped me stock my little tank for my 7 year old daughter....when I pointed a few out and asked if they would work because that's what dd liked....he said...yeah, they should all get along. Well, now I'm down 3 fish out of 7....I guess a couple of them decided to go huntin. It didn't happen right away mind you....one day you'll look in and one will be gone.

7. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    If one gets eaten, it gets eaten. I don't mind if they give advice on what to do and what fish to put together, but to tell me I CAN'T buy the fish I want? I don't think so!!!

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    -Spooky

if they had quail or chickens they would want $50 to $100 a piece for them....[​IMG]

9. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    -Spooky

You're right! And it's a good thing too! Did I mention I came home w/ 3 new chickens from the auction last weekend that I just HAD to have?[​IMG]

HAHAHAHA!!! [​IMG] I swear, they're like trading cards. I'm hosting a BYC meetup and bird swap at my house on the 17th... I should start a betting pool on how many birds I have on the 18th [​IMG]
    -Spooky

10. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    -Spooky

if they had quail or chickens they would want $50 to $100 a piece for them....[​IMG]

True! Do you know they charge $45 for a bunny!? They sold hundreds at the auction last weekend for $3 each! If I could catch pretty fish in the lake I'd do that instead!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by