Petunia Our Barred Rock Hen

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by the3ofus+oursixchicks, Aug 2, 2011.

1. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    T[​IMG]HIS IS PETUNIA. SHE IS SUCH A SWEET GIRL . SHE IS AROUND ALMOST 4 MONTHS OLD. SHE WAS A SIGHT WHEN SHE WAS A LITTLE CHICK.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. mtnviewfarms

mtnviewfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Petunia is a pretty girl! She looks very much like my 24 BR pullets who are 20 and a half weeks old. Every day now we
    say, 'this has to be the day they start laying' but so far no eggs yet. We also have 4 young roos the same age - we've
    raised all since day old. We need to rehome a couple of the roos though as they are breeding fast and furious now and
    the 'dominant' roo - 'Giblet' spends most of his days running around trying to knock the other three roos off the hens which
    causes much squabbling and tension among the flock.

3. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    Well, We Have 2 Buff Orpington Hens And This Barred Rock Hen. And 3 Roosters Which Were Supposed To Be Hens. I Sure Dont Want To Have To Get Rid Of 2 Of The Roosters But My Little Hens Spent Most Of The Day In The Woods Today. They Hoover Around Them Alot. Not All The Time But Enough That They Feel Like They Cant Just Be In The Yard. I Dont Like My Girls Being Afraid. So Now I Have To Make A Decision About The Roosters Pretty Soon. I Sure Dont Want To Rehome Them But What Else Am I To Do? One Is A Barred Rock One Is A Cucko Maran (i Think) And One Is Who Knows. They Are Twice The Size Of The Hens Except For One Rooster. They Are Just A Week Or 2 Difference In Age From The Hens. I Am Thinking They May Be Too Big For Them To Mate With Them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by