pheasant eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by austinhart123, Jul 15, 2008.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    what is the incubation period onchinese red-golden pheasant eggs?

2. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Some where around 22 1/2 days

3. PheazAnts

PheazAnts Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2008
    Southeastern Ohio
    22.5 days to the day for 3 of the 9 red golden pheasant eggs that made it to lock-down. I am seeing signs of pipping. I am hoping the others aren't too far behind.

[​IMG]

4. Hawgon

Hawgon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    I am watching this thread with great interest. I was given 2 Golden Pheasant eggs and have them in my Brinsea Advanced incubator. They are on day 8 and the grand-daughters and I are very excited. This is only our 2nd time incubating anything...We did some Serama's and Cochin's are first batch.

5. PheazAnts

Oct 15, 2008
    Southeastern Ohio
    I'll continue to post pictures here as i can. I have incubated red golden eggs only on one other occasion. It is pretty exciting to get to watch the progression of the hatch in real time. Hawgon, enjoy your hatch!

6. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Thanks Peasantz-I have a webcam on mine at ustream.tv. My mother-in-law loves to watch my hatches and the chicks. Thanks for your advice and updates. Best of luck with your little ones.

7. PheazAnts

Oct 15, 2008
    Southeastern Ohio
    Look what I found this morning! #6 is out. This little one is so cute. [​IMG] It peeps and is now staying near the #C that will be out sometime today. Like the idea of a webcam! Additional photos at my blog. The link is in my signature.
    [​IMG]

8. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    What do you feed your new chicks? Someone told me medicated chick starter is bad for Golden Pheasants...If so I need to get something else. Congrats on the hatch!

9. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    1 hatched yesterday on day 21 and the other one has pipped! Pic and updates to follow. They look like a road-runner with those long legs.

10. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    That is the craziest, most high strung animal I have ever been around! Very fun to watch though and legs like a flamingo or something. My grand-daughter said it is a chicken on stilts. Www.ustream.tv hawgon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by