Pheasant! ***PICS***more pics!! even more pics on page 2. size pg 3

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by ticks, May 20, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I got my new pheasant today on an 1.5 hour road trip with hobobrando more pics when they are in the brooder they are so small about 1 inch (pics) My title should be overrun by gamebirds! 25 is a lot more than you would think!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    They are SOOO Cute! [​IMG]

3. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    They are really cute [​IMG]

4. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    I love the last pic:

"OHHHHH AWWWWW SHINY!!!! Must Have Shiny!!!!" Other chick"In your dreams"

5. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    real cuties!!! What kind are they?

6. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    more pics!!!

don't you just hate how they sleep I was so scared they were dead!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Laps around the brooder!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    HI, so what do you plan to do with your pheasants? Are you going to keep them with your chicks or free range them? I ask this because my husband who tolerates/likes my chicken obsession said "now if we kept pheasant that would be cool"

8. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Beautiful chicks man.....I NEED TO GET PHEASANTS AGAIN!!! If only I had the land [​IMG] Owell it will be fun watching yours grow and thrive!
    [​IMG]

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:Well I am just going day by day. They are very delicate birds people say, but they are a wild animal and adapt to the wild which is much more harsh than a nice big draft free box with food and water. when they grow up I am going to release all but 3. I will keep one rooster and two hens. when I release them I am going to out them into a perfect habitiat with marshy areas, corn fields, aspen trees, cedar/juniper trees. It is impossible to freerange pheasant because they are so explosive off the ground and runn very very fast. so clipping their wings would not do much. These chicks just hatched today and are about as big as well they are not very big maybe the size of a serama bantam maybe smaller!

10. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:Thanks did yours sleep like that? I am so nervous for them. The guy where I got them brought me and my friend into a shed and he opened a door and there was 2,600 3 week old pheasant they were huge!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by