Pheasant! ***PICS***more pics!! even more pics on page 2. size pg 3

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
I got my new pheasant today on an 1.5 hour road trip with hobobrando more pics when they are in the brooder they are so small about 1 inch (pics) My title should be overrun by gamebirds! 25 is a lot more than you would think!
001-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

Last edited:
HI, so what do you plan to do with your pheasants? Are you going to keep them with your chicks or free range them? I ask this because my husband who tolerates/likes my chicken obsession said "now if we kept pheasant that would be cool"

Beautiful chicks man.....I NEED TO GET PHEASANTS AGAIN!!! If only I had the land
sad.png
Owell it will be fun watching yours grow and thrive!
smile.png

Quote:
Well I am just going day by day. They are very delicate birds people say, but they are a wild animal and adapt to the wild which is much more harsh than a nice big draft free box with food and water. when they grow up I am going to release all but 3. I will keep one rooster and two hens. when I release them I am going to out them into a perfect habitiat with marshy areas, corn fields, aspen trees, cedar/juniper trees. It is impossible to freerange pheasant because they are so explosive off the ground and runn very very fast. so clipping their wings would not do much. These chicks just hatched today and are about as big as well they are not very big maybe the size of a serama bantam maybe smaller!

Quote:
Thanks did yours sleep like that? I am so nervous for them. The guy where I got them brought me and my friend into a shed and he opened a door and there was 2,600 3 week old pheasant they were huge!

Back
Top Bottom