1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pheasants and chickens together

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by emsevers, Apr 21, 2009.

1. emsevers

emsevers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    I was wondering if it would be ok if I housed pheasants and chickens together temporarily. I have 3 young pullets in a small coop and I have 4 young pheasants that are outgrowing their cage. I don't have a flight pen yet for the pheasants so I was wondering if they would be ok together. Apart from different food would their be any reason not to?

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Temporary might be ok. But I would make the time together as short as possible.

3. emsevers

emsevers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    Thank You. I will try to build them a new area as soon as possible I just didn't want them to get cramped and start fighting.

4. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    mine have been together for over a year..no problems,,tho the chickens are silkies,so they cannot roost with the pheasants.

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    What kind of Pheasants?
    I gave my friend 4 Ringnecks that he put in with his chickens and they got pecked. I've also read that blackhead could be a danger to ringencks. I think yours would be fine temporarily.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by