pheasants coughing

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by little blue, Aug 1, 2010.

1. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    they were coughing when we got them about 2 weeeks ago but the guy said he had already treated them.they are still coughing what do you suggest i give them i have duramycin-10 at my house or should i go get some tylan at tss.an how much should i give them there are 3 pheasants about 12 weeks old an a peacock about 18months old in the pen.thanks

2. pheasant24

pheasant24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I had the same problem then I figured out the had lice so I got stuff for that and now they don't cough!!!

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Are their eyes watery? Their nose? If you can listen to their lungs by holding your ear under a wind... do you hear wheezing or crackles? any of those things could be a respiratory illness. you could try Sulmet- treats some respitory dieases & coccidia, or give some Tylan 50 under skin or a few drops in mouth depending on size of bird.

4. 95yj

95yj Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Central Vermont
    allergies? my male golden has some trouble during the worst parts of the pollen season, and then he immediately gets better. But your situation sounds a little more serious.

5. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    he still is coughing i think he got my peacock sick

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by