Pheasants DNA profiling?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by southernhusky, Apr 29, 2016.

1. southernhusky

southernhusky Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2015
    I ordered some eggs off ebay from a (jesus cuanda) in TX. Anyone ever bought from them? Great price but at what age will I be able to tell if they are purebred Red Goldens? Where can a DNA profile be done(on a chick after hatching?) and how much is it? There is only about a 45 day from my order date to dispute if its not what I ordered.

2. 007Sean

007Sean Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    I've seen his auctions on eBay, he sells alot of crossbred pheasant eggs. I personally, wouldn't trust any bird or egg from him to be pure. At least, he does advertise them as being crossbred. If you want to get them tested? here's a company that does avian DNA testing.
    http://www.avianbiotech.com/ ,they are not cheap, or if you're near an agricultrual collage, they might be able to do the testing. Good Luck

3. southernhusky

Aug 30, 2015
    I have used them a few times for dna sexing my parrots. Used to live near their location(tallahassee, fl). Actually checked their pricing page & didnt see anything listed about profiling(just disease & dna sexing) but i will call. I have a prof account so hopefully a nice discount? Only $2 off dna sexing lol but every lil bit helps

4. 007Sean

007Sean Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Code:

Here's another one that does DNA profiling, percent purity, lineage, sex, etc..http://www.biogeneticservices.com never used them, so really can't tell you about them. Good Luck

5. southernhusky

Aug 30, 2015
    Ty both for your reply!

6. southernhusky

Aug 30, 2015
    Got the eggs in today. They were not held at post office like i requested but did arrive a day early & lucky me i have the best post lady ever & she made sure to give them to me, plus by 1015am i get deliveries. Eggs packed beautifully in foam but the 6 i candled all have detached shells....letting them settle....getting my egg cartons cut to be makeshift holders but the eggs look about the size of my bantams & "lean" in the carton.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by