Pheasants - We're Doin' It! *Pictures Please*

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Louieandthecrew, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

We've decided that this April we're going to order a load of pheasants, raise them to full grown, then let 'em out of the pen to run free [​IMG] Never had pheasants before, but now's the time. We are getting about 30 (I think, don't know for sure yet) all Ring Neck Pheasents. A friend told me that that kind is his favorite, so I said we'll go for it! But, as sad as it is, Ive never seen a Ring Neck Pheasent before! So, if you would, I'd love to see pictures! Thanks You [​IMG]
    Louieandthecrew

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have some black rin[​IMG]gnecks.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. Louieandthecrew

Cool [​IMG] They are really pretty! Love the red on their heads [​IMG]

4. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You need to go to www.gbwf.org and check out all the pheasant species.If you like ringnecks,you'll love the other species.[​IMG]This is a grey peacock pheasant.
    In N.H.,Tony.

5. Louieandthecrew

Wow! That one is beautiful!

6. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    You are?????? [​IMG] Woot!!!! Sounds fun!! Will these pheasants be kept in a coop or free ranged like 24/7? [​IMG]

By the way... I got five Del chicks last week and named my favorite one Jess... then I realized that's what I call you! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  7. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Pheasants do not free range.First you see them,then you don't.They may return once in a while if your lucky.
    In N.H.,Tony.

8. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    You Serious Need To Check Your Local Game Laws As In Many Places This "fly Be Free Idea" Is Highly Illegal Or At The Very Least Requires Special Permitting

9. Louieandthecrew

Quote:They will be kept in the yard free range 24/7 and they won't have a coop at all [​IMG] They have the grass and trees. I think our so many acres is enough!
    And with the name, that's awesome! Glad you like my name [​IMG]

Tony - Hmmmm... I don't know what to do then [​IMG] I'll make sure to look into that [​IMG]

JJMR794 - It is NOT illegal in my area, and that's for sure! We've got a lot of land for them to run around on. But, if they somehow manage to find their way to the gates around our property, then I'd be amazed. Trust me, we have enough land (for sure) and it's perfectly legal! [​IMG]

10. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You really need to watch what you post.Releasing pheasants usually requires a release permit.If you post your going to release the wrong people read what you are doing,you may get a visit from someone you don't want or need to know.oops they got away.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by