Pheasent eggs

whitecra

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Oklahoma
I have some pheasent eggs in the incubator and I was wondering about how long it takes for them to hatch. I have heard anywhere from 23-28 days. What is the average time?
Chris

hey chris, I just hatched mine. The first pip was at 24 days 8 hours. mine hatched within four hours of each other at almost exactly 25 days to the hour. After the first one the rest were super fast. hope that helps!

Thanks that does help. I am not sure if these will hatch or not. I am so hoping so. I got them from a friend and she had some in her bator with some chicken eggs. Most of her chicken eggs hatched but none of her pheasents hatched. I know that when mine were in the bator at a week and a half that there was 2 or 3 that I could see moving so I know they were ok then. I just hope I get some. Cross your fingers for me.
Chris

Good luck,
What day are you at today??? I had movement (of the eggs) about 24 hours before hatching...very subtle, you had to be sitting and staring (which I was). Right before they hatched I heard peeping.

Well it is day 24 and there is no sign of an of the eggs hatching. I am so worried that none will hatch. I keep looking and there is nothing. No movement no sound nothing. Boy I sure hope I am wrong and at least on hatches.
Chris

Pheasant eggs take from 22-24 days. BUT - not all Pheasants are the same, it depends on the breed (some take longer) you may want to do a google search for your specific breed (& allow a couple days either way just to be sure)
big_smile.png

Quote:
They are ringnecks. Today is day 25 and nothing. I will give a day or two more. I sure wish I could get a couple to hatch.
Chris

Well I don't think that they are going to hatch. Today was day 26 and still nothing. I will wait until day 28 I think and then get rid of the eggs. Boy I wish they would of hatched.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom