1. nightowl223

nightowl223 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    United States
    Not sure if this is the best place to put [​IMG] this link, but there's a petition a facebook friend posted that I'd like to share:

http://www.change.org/petitions/may...keep-backyard-chickens-within-the-city-limits

Petitioning Mayor Greg Stanton, Phoenix, AZ : Make it easier to keep backyard chickens within the city limits.

I signed it (even though I'm several hundred miles away [​IMG] ), shared it on facebook and twitter, and wanted to show folks here, too.

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Since I see Mayor Elect Greg Stanton every Saturday, I will let him know. [​IMG]

But no, this is not the correct place for a pettion. Feel free to post your own thread---but FYI- Phoenix laws are pretty lax.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. nightowl223

nightowl223 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    United States
    Okay, sorry. [​IMG] I told the facebook friend I would post it on here somewhere. [​IMG]

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Dearie- I read your petition, and you need to do some more research. Some of your information concerning chickens is incorrect, and it appears you have misinterpreted Phoenix's ordinances. Perhaps you can do some more digging and update your petition?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by