Pho recipes

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by MeatKing, Jan 4, 2012.

1. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

After reading about the egg drop soup, I somehow got thinking about Pho.
    I've only had it a few times, but loved it! And now want to recreate it. Do you have a fav. recipe? I googled how to make it. They said a beef marrow bone, it that what you would use.
    Thanks everyone for your ideas. Gonna surprise Hubby with it, he's never had it.

2. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I don't have a recipe, but I bet Chef Google does [​IMG]

Whenever I need a recipe I find tons by Googling.

3. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I echo 2Dogs sentiments (HEY 2 Dogs !!)
    Also look on YouTube - lots of folks make videos of recipes - I tell ya I can't tell ya how many times I spend a morning researching recipes on YouTube and gleaning what I think is the secret to each dish by seeing how different people make it.
    Good Luck...

Mike

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  4. MeatKing

Thank-you, Yes this is what I did [​IMG] I like the guy you posted recipe of KenK, I subscribed to him lol Thank-you

You tube, gonna try to make it tomorow !!

Cute story, went to a little Asian market today when I was in city.. I was looking for a spice pack, I had saw on youtube.. So I found the right noodles, I needed there, and this fish stock stuff I wanted for spring rolls. Go up to counter and ask little lady behind counter, That I want to makes this.. "Pho was on label" I pointed to it. Can you show me spices I said please. She was so nice, showed me her fav. and than ask if I had this and that.. Did I have a recipe, I said yes on internet. Oh good she said.

I was worried because there's clearly a language barrier, but it worked out very well. Can't wait to go back there again! She was so nice to me [​IMG]

I can picture her telling her family about the little white girl that was in there. Wanting to make pho. Laughing at how I walked up and down ever iles trying to figure out what I need. Like I knew lol Before asking for help!

Everything was a different language in there, very neat for me to get to explore!

5. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Jaden Hair - Steamy Kitchen blog -- has a good recipe for Pho -- it's a cool site to check out!

6. MeatKing

Quote:I looked I book marked! Very nice site!

Pho, turned out well! loved it ! Hubby liked it, was a nice, reminder of how we used to eat before kids.. We would spend 2, 3, 4 hrs in kitchen np, for supper. Of course after kids, easier said then done..

Still my new mission is to, once a week, make him a nice meal, you know, something we normally wouldn't eat.. mostly cause of prep time! Like when we were young, it was a nice connecting dinner..

Next week will probley be homemade canniloneii, with ceaser salad, and garlic bread. All homemade! Like when we were young and free ! [​IMG]

7. mikeschick

mikeschick Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    airmechreed makes tasty egg drop soup... ask him for his recipe. I'm sure he'd be glad to share! (if not, I'll slap him.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by