Phoenix ~ 3531.8 miles one way to ~ Heading out

AkTomboy

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
DJ, Alaska
Yep yep you read that correct 3531.8 miles one way from our nearest airport to Phoenix. We have been looking into a great new addition to our family of critters a wonderful john mule. He is a big
droolin.gif
worthy boy who is trained to boot ~ dressage ~ driving ~ trails everything!

And the dates is right after the husbands birthday and for a man who has been around the world three times he has never been to the west coast except to fly in and out of Seattle. In the shadow of our dear Dusty the trip will be sort of bitter sweet, but still I’m excited to kidnap the hubby.

Who knows maybe I can sneak in a few new chickens on the way home. So all you Arizonians let me know the places I just have to take the hubby
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Teeheeeteehee, she says with an evil laugh
wink.png
Oh, I'm suuuuuuuure we Arizonians could fix ya right up
wink.png

Wheres the john mule located in the valley of the sun?

I rode a mule once for a day on a 12 day pac trip into the back side of Yellowstone.
That was the most comfortable riding critter I was on the whole trip.
Every Other day we got to ride mustangs.. Kinda bumpy.

Mules have come such a long way in the many years they have been used. The time of odd confirmation and massive headed mules is long gone they are now bred just like the finest horses. Taking the best mares and breeding to the best Jacks. The boy we are looking at moves like a warmblood with that huge floating trot. Not the short choppy strides that some horse breeds are known for but as with all equines you can train to extend or collect the strides to make them better. Do a bing or google search on show mules some will just make you drool!

In case I miss you, Welcome to Phoenix!

I won't reccomend anywhere for you to go until you say WHEN you are coming. I have been to Alaska, and underestimated the cold. Alaskans come here and underestimate the drydrydry heat. I DO reccomend you bring a watercamel backpack and SIGHTSEE until your toesies are sore!

Laree

Quote:
Sorry Im such a dork! We will be there the 19-23 of this month. I have been down your way to visit family a few times and I never like heat so it kicks my butt!!! But I can deal with it better than South Carolina humidity!! I swear I thought I was gonna die when I went home with my husband the first time lol

If you are coming to Phoenix then go to Claim Jumper and order a full order of anything
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
Hubby took me there the very first time we went out to eat. They brought out our food and he looked at me with every bit of seriousness he could muster and said if you don't eat all that it's going to hurt my feelings. I almost started to cry
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom