~ Phoenix and Onagadori ~

TommyVT05

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southern California
Hey Everyone,

I am new here and I wonder if any bird owners in here have the Phoenix or Onagadori breed that they would like to share their pictures with? I would like to take a look @ them if possible.

Hopefully this isn't a repost. There are so many and it would take forever for me to go through every page so if there IS a post like this before, please link me to it.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Phoenix rooster
Startail.jpg

this is the fast feathering kind.

Phoenix and Onagadori are actually very different once you start looking closely to the details.
There are no known pure Onags in the US, but there are several people who have birds that have alot of onagadori genetics, and there are a few breeders working on re-making them from those birds.

Hey J.J.

Good to see you here, how have you been? : )
Did you get my e-mail recently in regards to your website and the longtails? Its about the linking of our sites. Something BIG now!
big_smile.png

- Tommy

those are some awesome birds! my son is 13 and has begged for phoenix...I have ordered some from Ideal,
I know that being hatchery birds they won't be that great of bird but hey if he does good with these maybe he can at later date improve on his stock. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Quote:
Yeah, Phoenix are pretty little things aren't they?
Starting off raising Phoenix is good but if you want a more refined looking and more longer tailed strain, the Onagadori is the way to go.

Genetically, they can grow longer tails under good care...approx 10-12Ft.
But for the Phoenix, I never heard of one growing over 4Ft. tails before...unless they were crossed.

Yeah! I am always here so if you need some project chicks or juveniles, I'll have them! : )

- Tommy

Thanks Tommy, I visited your web site, you have some great birdsand some very useful info there. My son and I had wondered about any special diet the phoenix will require. Currently we aren't set up for hatching eggs but we hope to be in the future. Although our phoenix are only hatchery chicks we look forward to their arrival in early June, tips we gather from your page and the links you've listed will be greatly beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom