Phoenix, AZ... anybody else?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 1234rw, Feb 26, 2014.

1. 1234rw

1234rw New Egg

Feb 23, 2014
    phoenix
    [​IMG]
    Hello all, my husband decided to raise chicken so here is the new additions on the Wong's family. The black at the corner by him/she self is D, the other black is Fiona, my daughter and 2 years old grandson said they still thinking about the name.
    We just got then and we do not know if they are boy/girl as we are new on this...but we love then...we already can tell who is the boss, who like to be taken care and who like to be the mommy... well I need a lot help...I have started reading all that is available here...

Are there other Phoenix here in this forum?

2. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Welcome to BYC! Chickens are fun to have...along with eggs, they'll also, as you've already seen, provide lots of entertainment! Enjoy those chicks cause they sure grow fast!! :D

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Your babies are adorable! Welcome to BYC. I think you will really enjoy this site. You should check out the raising baby chicks forum too! I think you will really enjoy all the information that's available! Remember to take lots of pictures because they grow so fast! We always love to see pictures of babies! You will be surprised on how each chick will steal your heart! They each have their own unique personality and they are so much fun in every stage they go through. In my flock this year's chicks have just turned 6 months old so I'm waiting for my first eggs from them! It's so much fun! I think you will really enjoy watching them grow and change! And when they are grown it's so wonderful to gather the beautiful eggs they will provide for you. Before I had chickens I never would have imagined how much I could fall in love with them but they sure have a way of stealing your heart! Each one becomes like a family member!! If you handle them when they are young they usually like to be handled. I have one that loves to lay on my chest and fall asleep.she loves to be cuddled. She even purrs for me. When chickens are really happy they make a sound like a purr, it's called trilling.its the sweetest sound. They usually make it when petted, or eating something they really like or sunbathing. They are full of suprises! I hope you keep coming back to BYC and I wanted to say again, WELCOME!

4. 1234rw

1234rw New Egg

Feb 23, 2014
    phoenix
    Looking at them now.....we are so lucky that all 8 are girls! And blessing us with eggs every day. We share it with family, friends and neighbors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by