Phoenix Bantams

Winggedheart

Songster
9 Years
Dec 18, 2010
Ringgold
Does anyone know a good place to buy phoenix bantams? I have seen them for sale in a few hatcheries, but am not sure of the quality of the birds. Any comments - advice? I would be interested in getting into breeding them.

I'm not sure about that hatchery, but I've gotten chicks from McMurray many times, and all their birds have been wonderful, and true to their descriptions. I've never had the phoenix breed before though.
hu.gif
Sorry I'm not much help, hopefully somebody with experience will come along.
fl.gif

Hatchery Phoenix are not bantams, they are Large Fowl. and wouldnt be that great of quality anyway. If you want real phoenix bantams, contact Boggy Bottom Bantams and order eggs or chicks from him. He has several colors of them from the BEST longtail breeders in the US. Most of them are from Toni Marie Astins line, a few are from Mr. Cy Hyde, who has birds that still have high percentage of Onagadori blood in them. And he has some from another source too.

Jane Jill and Clint:
I order birds from McMurray Hatchery every year.
smile.png
And they do have some good birds, and we have gotten a few Phoenix birds from them before, that are not bad quality, but are just not the BEST quality, you know. Lol.

And Boggy: Thank you, I will be sure to have a look at your site.
smile.png

sounds good. I really need to get more pics on there of the phoenix, been swamped with work this winter and got in a ton of new birds, so a lot of them arent on there yet. The ones that are , are young birds, mostly uner 8 months old. Need to update it with some breeder pics.

Hello Toni,
Can you get some photos of the BBred Phoenix Bantams up .... PLEASE :))))
I am interested.

are you looking for Toni-Marie? Dont believe she has joined this thread yet if so...

She is on some of the other phoenix and long tail threads here though... Here's a young cockerl pic from last year, dont have any recent pics of him yet, but he's thick tailed and dragging nice this year

Back
Top Bottom