1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Phoenix Gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WillGriffin03, Nov 5, 2016.

1. WillGriffin03

WillGriffin03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2016
    Macedon Ranges
    [​IMG]

Hi I was just wondering what sex these Phoenix Chicks are, if you can't see them properly 2 (same age) have more developed legs and lighter feathers where as the 3rd is shorter and smaller legs. I hope you can help me out. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    They are too young yet for anything but guesses.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    exactly

4. WillGriffin03

WillGriffin03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2016
    Macedon Ranges
    Hi but one has a more developed combe than the other 2, does that mean anything

5. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    If it starts turning pink in the next few weeks it's probably a rooster.

6. mustangrooster

mustangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

As other people have already stated, its far to young to know correctly what genders they are. However, with my birds, when they hit the age yours are at I start to see large red combs if they are boys. I do not see that on yours.

Are thy mixed breed? To me, they don't exactly look purebred. Do you know who the father was/is? Right now my guess is that they *could* be all pullets, as I do not see an large combs. My other guess would be, that the larger one *could* be a young cockerel due to the size difference. But right now, no one can tell for sure-by just looking at there appearance...

Keep us updated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by