Phone manners

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 3goodeggs, Sep 9, 2010.

1. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I am almost 50. I still have the voice of a second grader.
    I guess I should have taken up smoking so I'd have the raspy voice of a smoking second grader [​IMG] ... but ANYWAY!!

If you call me, I will answer with 'hello'. Then for some bizarre reason I expect the caller to IDENTIFY themselves. Do not ask if my daddy is home. I am not giving out that information. (and by the way, neither my mommy or daddy live here, but if you REALLY want to talk to THEM I will give you their number.)

so anyway, my rant is this: You called me. Identify yourself. Give me a number where you can be reached. and if you fail to do so and I have to ASK for that information, do NOT under any circumstance tell me to go back to bed and finish my nap. [​IMG]

fume fume fume. I have three bushels of pears, who knows how many gallons of grapes to process, I am in the middle of cleaning the house and baking --and I do not have the time for 'guess who's calling your daddy' game! [​IMG]

and another thing, If I was a child, I would expect an adult to identify themselves, leave a number that they could be reached, and treat me in the manner in which they expect to be treated. I told the guy that I was the wife not the kid and then he got really snarky. 'poor little wife sorry I woke you up from your nap- yuck yuck yuck'.... [​IMG]

Okay, sorry for the rant. I had to get it out.
    How you you all handle the 'Phone"?

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I let the answering machine get it . . .

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Unless you know me real well and it's an emergency, don't call me after 8:30PM... that's just rude.

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    We do not have one, and we keep the voice mail full...because oddly, my family thinks that if they call and ANYTHING answers them, then we are really there and should drop everything and call them right back. The voice mail is full of my dad fussing us out. I just do not want to hear it, so I never empty the box.

We have caller id, but if it is a cell phone, it will only identify the state.
    Why can't people just tell me who they are?
    I am not asking for a lobe of their liver, just their name!

5. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Oooo people aggravate me too! I hate that when someone calls then asks " who is this".

I'm like "what!?who is this!". You called me buddy![​IMG]

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    If I picked anything that got on my nerves a little about phone manners, it would be calling during dinner time [​IMG].

-Daniel

7. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Quote:[​IMG]. Totally agree! And what makes it worse is when one of your own family think they can get up and answer it! That's when they get the ultimate stink eye from me.

8. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:[​IMG]. Totally agree! And what makes it worse is when one of your own family think they can get up and answer it! That's when they get the ultimate stink eye from me.

[​IMG] X2

9. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I hate talking on the phone. I used to be a tech support person for Cricket wireless, ugh. It ruined me. I loved to talk on the phone, not anymore. lol

10. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Thank God for caller ID, no answering machine, and an unlisted phone number. Political calls? We don't get 'em. Sales calls? Nope, don't get those either. In fact, our phone hardly rings. We can go 3 or 4 days at a time without our home phone ringing at all. Anyone who really needs me- my family or my kids' school- has my cell phone number. Anyone else can email or reach me on Facebook.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by