Phone rang at 6:30 this morning

TLWR

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
They were calling me about my peeping box
smile.png
So I fed the dogs and then I was off to pick them up.

The final leg of their journey home
IMG_0934.jpg

3 little ducklings
IMG_0938.jpg

Cadbury
P1020951.jpg

no name blue girl
IMG_0969.jpg

a no name fawn and white girl
IMG_0959.jpg

And Tavarish trying to figure out what all the peeping is about
IMG_0958.jpg

Hungry little buggers. 2 of them figured out the water pretty quickly, but the blue girl didn't catch on, so I scooped her up and dipped the tip of her beak in and then she was happy to drink and water her foot. The other 2 have only put their beak in. Blue girl runs around it with one foot in. I had them shipped with growgel from Metzer's. They arrived just fine, just as Metzer's said they would be when I asked about my concerns with shipping them in this August heat wave.

I called DH in Attu and was talking to him while they were quietly peeping away. Then the birds were making a racket in the yard and DH thought "Holy crap they are loud!" Now to get a video of them small enough that I can email it to him so he can watch them run around.

Oh so cute! What breed and what is the minimum to order through Metzer's? I am interested in getting ducks, but still doing the research. Good luck with them, they are adorable.

They are indian runners. Both my DH and I liked their bowling pin look and DH said ok to ducks as long as he could get eggs from them and runners are good egg ducks.

No minimum from Metzer's, but they do have a minimum order amt, so if your ducks don't total that, they'll charge the minimum order amt ($32) and you will also need a little heat pack to ship them with (if you order under 10 ducklings) which was $12. Plus sexing fees (DH wanted eggs, so we needed girls) and shipping (<$10 actual shipping charges to get them from CA to me in AL). They shipped out Monday sometime and were here bright and early this morning.
I wasn't able to find runners locally, so decided to go ahead and order them.

Quote:
Doberman and a greyhound.

Jet, my greyhound, stuck her nose up and was interested in a "what are these things" kind of way and walked off when I told her they were not toys, treats, snacks or anything else she should concern herself with.

Tavarish is the doberman. One of them pecked his nose and he went running - pansy lol He also heard the they are not toys, treats, snacks, playthings, do not eat them and do not put your tongue on them and if I see one in your mouth she better have fallen out of the kennel and you are just gently carrying her to me so I can put her back. DO NOT TOUCH them. So he just sits with his nose on the outside of the kennel when I am sitting there with the door open watching them and taking pics. I did have to tell him to stop drooling. Will have to be careful around him, but I think he'll be fine with some training to leave them alone.

I have an English Cocker spaniel mix that just look like your dog in the picture. He was in love with our first duck, a wild mallard, and would guard it against the other dogs. The duck later flew off and joined her kind. We now have 4 dogs and they all have been around our ducks. The ducks were born into the pack and we did socialize them from day one. Ducks in the bathtub with dogs watching etc. The ducks pecked at the dogs noses and they retreated fast. After that it was all of use being together outside taking the ducks for a walk. Now they are friends and hang around together. I've quite happy about this.

practicing for the tub
IMG_0975.jpg

since we are a wake, we may as well play in our water
IMG_0984.jpg

upright - almost. I swear she knows I'm trying to snap a pic of her looking like a runner and up and down she goes lol
IMG_0993.jpg

Back
Top Bottom