Photo Attack....I took some photos of my chickens today! :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Larkspur88, May 18, 2011.

1. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    Toffee and Scramble

[​IMG]
    Toffee close up

[​IMG]
    Sleepy hens

[​IMG]
    Trooper close up
    [​IMG]
    My lovely chickens pooping all over the railing. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Speedy an EE

[​IMG]
    Oh no! Toffee and the gang are coming! They decided to leave the porch to bother the others

[​IMG]
    Happy Feet says run for your lives! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And one of the barred rocks took over the food from the younger flock. Life is just not fair.

[​IMG]
    And here is Toffee about to walk into my hydrangea. He just wanted to show off his fem side a bit while the girls weren't looking. [​IMG]

2. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Pretty flock, great pics. Thanks for sharing!

3. Lisa7907

Lisa7907 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2010
    Great pics! Yours hold still for pics much better than mine do! [​IMG]

4. Larkspur88

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    The babies wouldn't hold still, but the slightly older ones did for a while. They're fairly tame. I hold and cuddle them often, but catching them is still a whole different issue. [​IMG]

5. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Love the close ups of Toffee and Trooper!!! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

6. ParlorCityChickens

ParlorCityChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    [​IMG] Very pretty, and I love their names, too. [​IMG]

7. Larkspur88

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Thanks. I just had an unfortunate event though! I let my dogs in the backyard to go out and do their business and one of the EE's decided to go out there too (occasionally they do this, but not often) and my dogs have been jerks all day and they killed the poor thing! I beat snot out of them. They are now banned to their kennels the rest of the day. I know it's their "instinct" but they also know it is not allowed. The reason I knew it was dead was because my male when I called him inside wouldn't look at me and was slouching real bad. He knew he did wrong!!! AHHHH!!! The chick that died is ironically the one who is walking out of the photo in the group shot of the EE's. HM. Was this a photo foretelling the future? [​IMG]

8. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    Real pretty !

9. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    Quote:aww! i'm so sorry to hear that! what kind of dogs do you have. right now we only have a boxer and he is GREAT with the chickens! i know in my signature it says we have an american bulldog named rocko....but he isn't even born yet....we should be bringing him home at the end of july. i just put him in my signature prematurely cuz i KNOW we're getting him....hubby has been wanting one for years! but he had better be as good as our boxer with the chickens or i will be one sad wife! but beautiful pics though!!! is your rooster crowing yet?

10. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    pretty flock! [​IMG]
    all look nice and healthy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by