Photo Critique Club

Post #1300 go look at it and vote below

• Total voters
What do you guys think of this?
IMG_1267.jpeg
I love it!

So why is it so hard for me to get good pictures of chickens and ducks?
What are you dealing with?
  • Can't get close enough? Solution: Get a bigger lens so you can be further away.
  • They're constantly moving? Solution: Use a higher stutter speed or use Sports mode.
  • Can't get them to stay in a spot with your wanted background? Solution: Treats. Many advise against bread, but... It works great to keep a bird where you want them. (Ducks might run for water with their treat though.)
  • Can't get them to look up or at the camera? Solution: Treats or a making a strange sound. Believe it or not, but unfamiliar sounds works great to get a hen's head to go up.
  • They look miserable and you know that they are? Solution: Make them happy. I typically free range my hens to make them happy. Treats also work here.
  • Any other issues? Let me know what they are, and I'll give you a solution to the best of my knowledge. :D

Almost all of these!
Can't get close enough? Solution: Get a bigger lens so you can be further away.
✅ What would you recommend for a Nikon D 3300?
They're constantly moving? Solution: Use a higher stutter speed or use Sports mode.
✅ I will see if I can figure out how to do that.
Can't get them to stay in a spot with your wanted background? Solution: Treats. Many advise against bread, but... It works great to keep a bird where you want them. (Ducks might run for water with their treat though.)
✅I've tried that, but then too many come.
Can't get them to look up or at the camera? Solution: Treats or a making a strange sound. Believe it or not, but unfamiliar sounds works great to get a hen's head to go up.
✅ Yeah, I make sounds, and their heads will poop up, but I usually miss the shot.
They look miserable and you know that they are? Solution: Make them happy. I typically free range my hens to make them happy. Treats also work here.
Not this. They usually look pretty happy.
Any other issues? Let me know what they are, and I'll give you a solution to the best of my knowledge.
Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom