Photo, look where my rooster followed me to...geezum crow!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BikerBabeRules, Aug 13, 2008.

1. BikerBabeRules

BikerBabeRules Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Vermont, USA
    I turned around while baking cookies tonight and this is what I found on the counter. We're staying in an old trailer while the house is being built and it's quite the rooster refuge there. This is one of the Ameracaunas that came down from my house and he's low man on the totem pole here. He must have heard me singing and came in? Talk about seeking shelter......[​IMG] So, I left him there sleeping with my friend!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

maybe he came in for that nice fresh corn ... [​IMG]

3. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    Too funny !!! [​IMG]

4. ears73

ears73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Westchester, NY
    Ha! I was out gardening and the dogs must have popped the door open cause I went to look for the squawking lost chick (they make sad lost noises when they realize they are not with the rest of the flock). I heard them but couldn't find them.... then I realized I was hearing them through the screen door to the dining room. Yup, they had been walking around the house for a little while - I had to follow the poop trail!

The macaw we have was out of her cage, as usual... she must have tried to talk to the strangers.... too bad I missed the photo op!

5. Kute Kitten

Kute Kitten Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2008
    Maybe he came for dinner!!!

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Good thing he came in AFTER dinner, otherwise, he might have become dinner!

7. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    aw, he's darling. I love those friendly chickens.

before I had chickens, I would have thought people were crazy having them in their house... but now I know it's awesome!

8. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    good thing you took the kernels off first!!!

9. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    That is so sweet! I think my hubby would blow a gasket if he saw a chicken on the counter! He freaked out when I was washing a case of pasty butt in the kitchen sink!

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Here too, Chicken Chick...
    I've had mine in the bathtub. I've washed poopy butt in the kitchen sink also.
    Obelisk has laid an egg on DS's bed which promptly rolled off onto the floor with a clunk...thank the Gods it wasn't broken.

With DH home, I haven't been able to have her in to roam the house...she'll wander then sit and just veg...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by