photo of my "bad" dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by duck walk, Aug 13, 2010.

1. duck walk

duck walk Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    [​IMG]

2. chicknduck

chicknduck Songster

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Love the picture. So adorible.

3. duck walk

duck walk Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    she is my bird "catch" dog...she is the one who caught Barney gander when he escaped and held him while he flailed and wailed until I could get to them and relieve her of her catch...she is such an old dear...sometimes I even get to sleep on the bed...lol...

4. Tell her to move over, I want in on that! [​IMG]

Steve

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Mesa??? She looks like our dobe!! [​IMG]

6. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Awww, what a precious picture! I'll bet she makes a wonderful friend!

7. Ha ha! Cute!

Viki2x2, it does look like your dobe! [​IMG]

Does my pup hold any resemblance? Ha ha! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. duck walk

duck walk Songster

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    here is a shot of her on her morning walk with two of her buds...

[​IMG]

9. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    She really does look alot like our girl. We see lots of dobes, but often their look is just a bit different, their face shape is different, their build is different, but your girl looks similar. I wouldn't be surprised if their lines were similar.

Ours belongs to my 19 year old, they are best friends. They have having a rough year though, Mesa was diagnosed with Progressive Retinal Atrophy is slowly losing her sight and Rachel moved an hour and half away for college. As hard as she tried, she couldn't find a place that would allow her to take Mesa. Some would allow some dogs or cats, but either no big dogs, or no dobes (or pits, rotts, etc). It was probably for the best, because shortly after was when she was diagnosed with PRA and it would have been hard for her to adjust in a new environment with limited sight. Maybe next year, she is still looking for housing. I think it is harder on Rachel, Mesa is in the home she knows with people and other dogs who love her. She is used to Rachel being gone often due to her working and being in college last year at community college. Rachel is lonely [​IMG]

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

She is soooooo spoiled. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by