Photo of peacock

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by EweSheep, May 19, 2008.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Heres more photos of the same peacock...from the original post in my other forum.

[​IMG]

Here's another one!

[​IMG]

His tail feathers are very long. If he was standing next to me, the end of his tail feathers would be near my shoulder which I am 5'3".

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Gorgeous! [​IMG]

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    he's beautiful! our neighbors have peafowl - some India blues and some albinos. I love peacocks especially! that's 1 gorgeous bird!

4. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Wow, he's gorgeous!! Great photos too! What zoo was he at. I got some good shots of a peacock at the Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo.

5. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I love the first picture of his head. He's beautiful!! I would love to own some peafowl some day.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    He is at the Decatur Scovill Zoo and they do offer peachicks from time to time. Sometimes the pied blue peacock roams around as well......Think they were son and father but I will ask. Heres the link: http://www.decatur-parks.org/zoo/

I
    am doubtful if they sell eggs...you can ask and not sure if they will ship too. Dave Webster is the name of the guy you guys should inquire about those peacocks. Sometimes they have a waiting list.

I know of a friend by the name of Chicows, on the original BYC, has some of this peacock's offsprings and she does raise them and sell eggs. Her peacocks are goreous! Wish she could get online here! Mothergoose knows her too. Good person to deal with too!

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  7. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    oh man thats the prettiest peacock ive ever seen.love the way his tail fans out.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wyn, here is your wish!

[​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Here is the pied colored...maybe his son.....

[​IMG]

The zoo had several peahens, and most of them are the blue india and green peahens and I think I saw one white peahen earlier this year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by