Photo Radar cameras along Valley of Sun freeways will be shut off!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    ... tonight at 11:59PM

Hopefully folks will just drive safe now!!

2. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    not now....jk

3. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

They recently shut down half of the red ligh cameras we have here too. Everyone forgets that a sworn officer has to witness the infraction - someone reminded the masses and everyone started fighting them - and winning!

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    dh will be THRILLED. He absolutely loaths them. I actually enjoy how they have lowered the speed people drive along the 101 to a reasonable mph, at least for the most part.

6. Sonoran Silkies

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    We still have the red light cams. And I very much approve of them. My mother was in an auto accident where the other driver ran a red light and hit her. No red light cam so it was one person's word against the others. Even though all the physical evidence pointed toward the other person as being the cause of the accident, the insurance company settled with her.

edited to add: there was a witness in another car who claimed that my mother was in the right, had a green light. They still settled. A red light cam would have shown who was where and indicated the colour of the lights each had.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  7. Sonoran Silkies

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    One of hte major legal issues was that tickets were mailed to people. Courts said that was not being properly served.

8. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    We had an unscrupulous process server in my neighborhood. He tried to serve my toddler. Seriously lured him to the gate.

Had the wrong house though....

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

DH and I haven't had an issue with them as yet, but his buddy did.

He was mailed a citation... but it wasn't for running the light... he slammed on the brakes and stopped... but it was too close to the crosswalk, so he got ticketed for that instead. Now, tell me if that one isn't a darned if you do and darned if you don't situation!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by