Photo references for painting

Paintrrr

Hatching
Jan 22, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for welcoming me to this group. I am a painter, and have lately been exploring chickens, (but would also love to do rabbits, ducks, mice, goats other interesting domestic animals) but would like better photos as reference. I noticed that members have posted many photos in the galleries on the site, but wanted to check that it was appropriate to use the photos.
If not, does anyone in the Durham Region (near Toronto, Ontario Canada) have chickens etc that they would allow me to photograph?

Thanks so much,

Catherine

Hi,
Thanks for welcoming me to this group. I am a painter, and have lately been exploring chickens, (but would also love to do rabbits, ducks, mice, goats other interesting domestic animals) but would like better photos as reference. I noticed that members have posted many photos in the galleries on the site, but wanted to check that it was appropriate to use the photos.
If not, does anyone in the Durham Region (near Toronto, Ontario Canada) have chickens etc that they would allow me to photograph? 

Thanks so much,

Catherine

I'm also an artist and what I usually do is ask for permission to draw /paint a certain members photographs. They say yes, more then they say no. I'll also PM then a picture of the finished product to say thank you. Good luck! :)

G’Day from down under Paintrrr
frow.gif
Welcome!

I agree with NickyKnack, if you PM the owner and ask to use their photo, more often than not it will probably be a “Yes”.

I like you avatar!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Thanks Teila and NickyKnacks and Redsoxs'

Will follow your advice, much appreciated.

Catherine

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

You might try posting on your state thread to find members close by that would be pleased to let you photograph their birds (and a lot of members have other animals as well). Here's a link to help you get to your state thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

If you'd like to share any of your work here on BYC, check the Hobbies forum under Miscellaneous, you may find other artists that enjoy the same thing. Under the Misc. section, you'll also find a link for "other pets and livestock".

Thanks for joining us!

Thanks NFC,
I'm in Ontario, Canada, but will hunt around for friendly chicken people.
smile.png

Catherine

Back
Top Bottom