photo upload problem

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by hensonly, Jul 20, 2008.

1. hensonly

hensonly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    upstate NY
    HI,

I've been trying to upload photos to BYC via the upload button at the top of the page...

I hit upload, click on browse, choose my photo, and click on submit. Ok so far? or did I already make a mistake?

The photo seems to upload, because the little green bars across the bottom of the page blink on, one after the other. But then at the bottom of the page it reads, "waiting for http..." the BYC website. It sits there for about 15 - 20 minutes, then I get an error message at the top of the page that says I have tried to upload the wrong type of file... but my photos are all JPEG.

I'm confused - I'd love to use this option, as photobucket takes a minimum of 25 min per photo to upload, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any suggestions?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

How big are the pictures you are uploading? Try to resize the pictures on your computer first (to 600 x 800 or so) and then upload them.

3. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I had this problem too. I couldn't fix it so I switched to using tinypic. Its not as fast as BYCs image hosting but its definatley faster than photobucket.

4. hensonly

May 15, 2008
    upstate NY
    Quote:I don't know how to resize them on my computer... I thought the upload option says it will resize automatically. I checked the resize box, too, before trying to upload. I will see if I can find out how to resize them on my computer. I have a geek friend who might be able to help.

5. hensonly

May 15, 2008
    upstate NY
    Quote:HOw do you get the photos from tinypic to the BYC website? Is it the same as from photobucket?

6. Nifty-Chicken

It will resize them but if you have HUGE pictures and a slower internet connection then it will time out.

7. ronniega1

ronniega1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    vidalia ga
    how can u put your picture on your messages. i uploaded my pic but cannot find a way to post it under my name. thanks ronnie:jumpy

8. Nifty-Chicken

9. Bauk_Bauk

Bauk_Bauk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2008
    I am so glad I'm not the only one that can't figure this out!

I'm brand new [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by