1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Photoes of fully open wings of adult black-shouldered peacock.

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by clinton9, Jul 2, 2011.

1. clinton9

clinton9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Hi members,
    I would like you members to send me the photoes of open wings of adult male Black-shouldered peafowls, please.

I had been looking for photoes of fully opened wings of both adult male and adult female black-shouldered peafowls via google & internet websites, but to no luck.

Can you please send me the colour photoes of fully opened wings of your adult male black-shouldered peafowl and your adult female black-shouldered peafowl, both upperside and underside.

I had no peafowls to own, but I been studying moults of peafowls and birds and I been a bird-man all my life. I also doing arts.

When photoing the peafowls, you have to be patient and with black shouldered peafowls nearby, you photo then when they are sunning themselves with wings fully open as these birds lay in its side and fan the wings, in sun, so you can see the flight feathers. Try in morning, on hard surface as footpath as birds use hard surface in sun, for sunning.
    Ok to hold the peafowl & ask the other person to hold the bird on low table and hold the opened wing while you photo the wings (both upperside and underside).

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely

Clinton. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Hello Clinton and [​IMG] !

Sorry, I don't have any pics like that.

3. SunBaked

SunBaked Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Southwest
    [​IMG] clinton! What a fun subject to study. I only have yearling blackshoulder so I won't be much help. I bet somebody on here will have some of the pictures you need. The united peafowl website might have somebody with pictures like that also, although I'm not sure how active the forum there is. It seemed kinda dead when I looked at it.

4. clinton9

Jul 2, 2011
    Hi SunBaked,
    Your BS birds have to wait until they are 1 1/2 year old, when they had finished their post 1st adult moult, before send me photoes and when their train is plain green but still short.
    When your male BS reach 3 year of age, he will have black scapular and wing coverts, mantle, with green fringles.
    As your BS moults each years toward adult plumages, they get darker.
    When they hatched they were creamy coloured. Female BS remain white & black thought life.
    Thanks.

Clinton. [​IMG]

5. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I have some pictures of my blackshoulder peahen Ice. I don't have underside pictures of the wings though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. clinton9

Jul 2, 2011
    Hi MinxFox,
    Thankyou for your beautiful photoes of BS peahen, I'm impressed.

Can you ask the members of BackYardChicken,com, that owns adult male BS peafowls to sends me the photoes of open primaries & wings of adult male Black-shouldered peafowl please ?

Thanks

Clinton.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  7. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Clinton, that's an interesting request. Could I ask why you need pictures of their wings?

I don't have any black shoulders- besides one female opal black shoulder, but a friend has a couple....

8. birdboy508

birdboy508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    east taunton
    I Love Peacocks But I Do Not Have A Pic.

9. clinton9

Jul 2, 2011
    Hi Kev,
    Because there are no books, and nothing in computers have photoes of fully open wings of Black-Shouldered peafowls, I tried for few past years to find photoes of open wings of adult male black-shouldered peafowls, but no luck, I gave up until I became a new member of this BackYardChicken.com. [​IMG]
    I need colour photoes of open wings of adult male black-shouldered peafowls, for arts.

Can you please ask your friend who owned black-shouldered peafowls, to either hold the adult male BS peafowl's wing for you to photo, or to let you photo the BS peacock when it is sunning itself, with open wing, or after it had waken and sprend its wing to fully open ?

Cheers

Clinton.

Quote:

10. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    i cant help.. BUT i can say this.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by