1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Photographers! I have a question... (:

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by equinehugger3, Jul 25, 2011.

1. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    Hey, guys! The time has come that I finally get to get a new camera! I was wondering what your preference was for a good quality camera! It needs to be in a reasonable price range (No $600 pro cameras, please. [​IMG]), but that's pretty much the only limitation I have. :) Thank youuu! [​IMG]

2. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    I only accept SLRs, so I can't be of any help whatsoever. [​IMG]

But seriously... my mom uses a pretty good point-and-shoot Canon camera. It has a lens that folds out (I don't know what the term for that is [​IMG]). It can take pretty darn good quality pictures, and I think it only costs around $200. I don't know if that's in your price range or not.

Myself... I don't have a camera of my own, unless you count that little Disney one I got when I was nine. ([​IMG]) So I borrow my brother's big honkin' black Nikon SLR. It's awesome. [​IMG]

3. equinehugger3

Apr 14, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG] I wish that I could have such an awesome camera! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    $200 is in my price range. Thank you so much for the help! [​IMG]

4. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

Quote:You're so lucky! We just have one of those nice, 100$ cameras, which is great so don't think I'm complaining about it or anything, but if you want to take nice proffesional pictures, you'll need a different one.

5. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I really want an expensive pro camera. Right now I've only got a Kodak Zi8.

6. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    I love ours! [​IMG]
    It was $1000+ Though, so not in the price range. [​IMG]

7. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Nikon has cameras in the 200 price range, their cool pics is around that. Nikon is what I use and my favorite.

8. equinehugger3

Apr 14, 2010
    Thank you everyone!
    DL179 - Maybe I can convince the fam to get one for everyone to share... Then we can get a super good one! [​IMG]

9. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Get a kodak camera. They are the best!

10. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live &amp; Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    I love my camera, it takes amazing pictures and I believe it was somewhere in the 100 dollar range...It's a Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS Digital Elph. I loooove Canons. I won't buy any other cameras because their picture quality, easiness to handle, and even the way it was built is amazing. They last for a long time too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by