• #11 Tazcat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Msbear

Fancy Banties
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Sharpsburg, MD.
Please choose your favorite photograph. Choose it because of its visual interest and its overall composition. Please vote for a photo that is not your own.

Poll closes Tuesday night at midnight. The top three photos will be discussed and we can say what we like about them, what could make them better and why they had better composition than the other choices. The winners can share their experience and shine some light on what they were looking for when they were shooting, how many pictures they took and how difficult or easy they thought this assignment was.

New assignment will be posted later this week..

#1 Amyable
amyable.jpg

#2 Animaloverabh
animaloverz.jpg

#3 Azbootsie
azbootsie1.jpg

#4 Babymakes6
babymakes6.jpg

#5 Iheartchicks
Iheartchicks.jpg

#6 Kassundra
kassundra.jpg

#7 Katheryn4629
katherine4629.jpg

#8 Maggierae
maggierae.jpg

#9 Msbear
089-111.jpg

#10 Pokster
pokster.jpg

#11 Tazcat
tazcat70.jpg

Last edited:
Hey there, nice pic. But, this was last weeks assignment and we are just discussing the photos on the poll. Subscribe to the "Photography 101" thread so that you don't miss out on next week's assignment.
frow.gif

Thes are just my observations and opinions for what they are worth. I have no training in photography or any credentials to seriously critique anyone's work. Please do not be offended by any of my opinions.

1. Love the angle / perspective and the play on subject. Good use of backgound (sky) and symetry. My only issue would be if there could have been more blue sky showing, or actually less white in the sky.

2. Like the simplicity and that the phone is in focus, makes it all about the phone. Like the textures and angle.

3. Really like the concept and story, busy life. The background is very distracting though, did like that you chose one color for the background stuff the highlighter yellow that was in the phone book.

4. This pic too had a story behind it that almost anyone can relate to and I liked that. It is a good candid shot and the phone holds it's own in the composition, no small feat w/ a child. I have to say though from the standpoint of a childless germaphobe .................................... ewwwe.
th.gif
hide.gif
(Not the pic though I like the pic)

5. I like the close up and the composition of the stacking and the green line as being the only color in the shot, I actually liked this one better then the grass shot, but not as well as the phone taking the pic of the phones. (I thought that was your best of the ones you posted) I also like the little bit of texture in your background. I also liked your perspective.

6. This one was mine. I liked the idea of the many geometric shapes in theory, but the pic was much to distracting, to many things to look at and the main focus should have been the phone, but was not. The phone was out of focus and didn't seem to have any good relationship to the other geometrics going on. I had taken other shots w/ more story, but didn't like the look of them as much as the box, but should have gone w/ one of them since the assignment was composition.
he.gif

7. Really love the story and composition of this one. Great job. The story is obvious and humorous, compositionally the main trunks / branches go off in the corners ( a compositional rule) and the perspective of the shot is interesting and unexpected. My only issue would be w/ the over exposure of the background, but really like the pic.

8. Like the simplicity and texture, really like the light and dark shadowing in the grass. The contrast in color is good to between the bright grass and the black phone. I feel the phone gets lost in it though. I actually like the little "v" stalk of grass that is lit up in the dark area, but it does distract from the phone being the main focus.

9. Love the composition, simplicity, and story of this one. Really like the colors just enough for interest and keep the eye moving, not overpowering the pic though.

10. Really like the intent of this one, the story and the angles, love the texture of the posts, and the repeating angles w/ the play of sun and shadow. I did think that the phone should have been in sharper focus though. I would have played w/ the angle of the shot the eliminate that small piece of roof and the bright white sky.

11. Really loved the simplicity and story of this shot. Loved that the phone was still the main subject. Your explanation of the evolution of this pic was great too. I love photo editing and some people look down on it as less of a pic if had to be edited, but your explanation really shows how you can take an average shot and make it so much more w/ an eye to SELECTIVE editing. Good job on both the pic and the editing.

Back
Top Bottom