Photos from hatch to full-grown

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HEChicken, Nov 3, 2009.

1. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Does anyone know if there is a site or thread that shows pics of chicks from day old to full grown? What I'm thinking of is a by-breed photo array taken week by week (of the same birds as they grow), so that someone who has a 6-week-old BR can go and see what a 6-week-old BR should look like if either male or female and someone with a 14-week-old OEG can do the same. I'm thinking this would help a lot of people figure out what gender their own birds are. I hope this makes sense....

2. Pampered Chicken

Pampered Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    I agree. Sounds like a good idea. It would help people like me. [​IMG]

3. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    sounds like a good idea to me.
    cant wait till ppl start putting pics on. this would help me out i know tht!!!!!

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Awesome idea. It could be put somewhere near the breed pages!

5. CESOrtega

CESOrtega Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    I would love to have a resource like that. I have scoured the 'net looking for one and can't find one.

6. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    I think that's what they're trying to do on this site with the simple breed pages, but I don't think that there are a whole lot of people out there who stick-to-it close enough to have pictures at every stage. I actually did photos every day for a month myself, then weekly for another month, but after that, I gave up. Just didn't have the time to take them all out individually and shoot them every week.

7. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    I want someone to do a "picture a day" flip-book type video of their birds! People have done it to themselves on youtube, but I wanna see a chicken grow up tht way. I'll start one after Thanksgiving (I need a new camera).

8. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Great idea ! [​IMG]

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Salmon Faverolles pullet

One day - 9/25
    [​IMG]

10/5
    [​IMG]

10/7
    [​IMG]

10/18
    [​IMG]

10/21
    [​IMG]

10/21
    [​IMG]

10/28
    [​IMG]

11/01 - 5.5 weeks
    [​IMG]

I know they aren't every day .. or consistant, but I've sure enjoyed watching her grow up .. she's gotten shy, though, so I'll have to make an effor this weekend.

10. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    That second pic is adorable - thanks for sharing - this is exactly the type of series I was thinking about!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by