Photos? Now What?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Oregon Blues, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN

Not sure, can't post things for sale... Try posting a link to your photos on BYC on the message... Should work!!

What are you selling?

3. Tahai

Tahai Chillin' With My Peeps

along the top of the page, beside the backyard chicken logo, are some brown tabs. click on the one that says "my profile", then scroll down the page.

you should come to a section called my photos.

4. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Then you pick the picture you want- and hit a little tiny button called 'original' -copy the URL (the stuff in the browser text bar at the top) then in a different window have your post ready and use the 'image button' (first in the list- looks like a picture of a sun and house)

Go to the second tab, (Image URL) and find that is says you can post a web image.

Paste the URL that you copied from the other page.

Uncheck the box that says 'Save a copy to my default album'

Hit submit, in about 15 seconds the site will pit the picture into your post.

5. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    How are you supposed to copy the URL? There is no "copy" button and right click does not offer the option to copy with this new server. I can highlight it, but not copy it.

The highlight doesn't seem to want to highlight all of it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  6. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia

I fight that all the time. I use a laptop, and found that I can highlight with the touchpad and "click bar" next to the touch pad,. but rarely does it work with the mouse. I wondered whether I needed a new mouse....

7. FireTigeris

If you hold down the 'ctrl' (control) button the normal right click menu comes up- or you could use 'ctrl+c' on most browsers.

8. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I use ctrl+c all the time -- but you have to highlight first.

9. FireTigeris

If I triple click in chrome it hi-lights all the keyboard shortcut (ctrl+shift)

10. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    I posted a shot of an example up on PB as it is a little too large for BYC (will try but don't know how it will appear on smaller screens). Example: I had opened one instance of chrome and went to profile page, scrolled to the bottom and went to Pic Album ported from previous BYC (next to that Album is the DEFAULT and the AVATARS. I opened it up. I then minimized that instance of Chrome and opened another (not tabbed - new instance). I went to the thread I wanted to place shot in. I brought the Album to top and chose pic. Usually a single left click with mouse button on the link in EMBED will highlight the entire address (URL), if not Lclick mouse and drag through entire length of address to highlight, then I can just Rclick on the highlighted address and scroll down to COPY (CTRL+C). I then bring the post to front and paste into post (CTRL+V). (WinXP//BBcode - not Rich Text editing BYC). If shot doesn't scale: Direct link: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/IvanIvanovich/Webinfo/Photoposting6BYCa.jpg For a less `involved' option, please see Nifty's post in this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/643440/what-am-i-doing-wrong [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by