Photos of birds I hatched from the eggs I ordered this year.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hurley, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    Thought I'd share some photos of the birds I kept from the eggs I ordered from Little Ameraucana Mom. I got some lavender bantam Ameraucanas and some mixed silkies (B/B/S and cuckoo). I kept 4 of the Ameraucanas and 4 of the silkies and here are some pics! Love these little birds.

Lavender Bantams - love this little cockerel, he's full of personality. Great little guy. Got 3 pullets as well, 1 pictured. Last photo shows banty cockerel with a standard black Ameraucana (split to lavender).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Silkies: A pair of splash, 1 cuckoo pullet, 1 black pullet - love these guys, they're so plush and plump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG] They are STUNNING! [​IMG]

3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    GREAT pictures!! Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

4. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh my goodness, so beautiful! I want![​IMG]

5. chickenbaguette

chickenbaguette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    How can they SEE? Those silkies! xD Beautiful chicklets!

6. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    WOW after seeing your cuckoo, it makes me wish I hadn't gotten rid of the cuckoo roo. Your splash is out of him also look at the red comb !! looks like him might have some of the cuckoo coloring in him also. You have got to show your splash and cuckoo pullet. They are stunning.

I love my Bantam Ameraucanas, They are flighty as chicks, but as adults, I have to watch when I walk to make sure I don't step on anyone. !! Of course I feed lots of treats ! LOL !! We raise mealworms for them, and boy do they love them, Looks like a bunch of Raptors when the mealworms are involved !!

I just got done going through both Ameraucana groups and cutting nails, trimmming beaks, worming and treating for mites and lice , but I was surprised They didn't really have any bugs, seems like alot of people are having alot of trouble this year with them, but I do keep Diaomaceous earth in my coops. I think it helps alot. I cut my flocks by 1/3. Got to make room for this years hatch !! LOL !!

We are planning on going to the crossroads show, Taking lots of Lavenders as it is thier qualifing show for the color.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Those Silkies are to die for! Well done!

8. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    The splash cockerel is a cuckoo as well, took a closeup look at the dark feathers and there is definitely barring.

I just love those two pullets. Looking at local shows to take them to. Considering the Indiana show in October. I've got a friend down there I could stay with, used to live in Indy years ago. If I can make it, I'll definitely bring down some of the bantams and some LF lavenders too if they look good. Not sure how they'll turn out yet.

9. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Quote:I hope you do come to Inday, We will be there also !!!!

10. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow. Those are BEAUTIFUL birds! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by