Photos Of Chickens! Show Me Your Chickens! (Also Stories Would Be Great!)

cfonts

Crowing
Mar 15, 2021
Kauai, Hawaii
My Coop
My Coop
This is Chickadee, she is a wild hen that wandered into my yard with 8 little chicks in May 2020 and never left. Last year, I was going through a really rough time- I was laid off from my job of 13 years (due to the pandemic) and facing a lot of uncertainty. On Mother's Day (May 10, 2020), I heard little peeps coming from outside of my window. I opened my front door to see a little brown hen (Chickadee) with 8 baby chicks waiting for me. She let me feed them and hung around for a few hours. The next day, she stopped by again and continued to visit daily. Her visits were something that I looked forward to each day and eventually she decided to stick around for good and she moved herself into my backyard. I think Chickadee could sense that I needed some rescuing and decided to adopt me. She took me in and included me in her life. She introduced me to each of her different brood of chicks and trusted me to be near her & her little ones 💕 She has brought so much joy into my life and I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through last year without her.

A9BB5E75-0827-4AA1-AEBC-05C09F919BA3.jpeg

Chikyboy

Crowing
Oct 14, 2021
Nebraska
This is Mane Avis! She is part leghorn, part who knows what? This pic is actully my profile picture! she is so sweet and follows me around. The story behind her name is that it is latin for "Early-Bird" cause she hatched kinda earlier than the rest *edited* Sorry! I forgot to post an actual pic! heres one
IMG_20211015_151404.jpg

Last edited:

This was Colonel Mustard. He was our old man and he died last month. He survived when our home flood in 2019 along with six hens and a baby, his son who we named Noah. He was the sweetest boy and took great care of his girls. He was a great ambassador for the Buff Orpington breed and the reason I will always have one. Every day of his life was full of sunshine and bugs and I'm comforted knowing he had a great life.

Attachments

• IMG_20210529_170854579.jpg
    IMG_20210529_170854579.jpg
    911.6 KB · Views: 1

Top Bottom