Photos of Grandpa Munster

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JillsChicks, Aug 13, 2007.

1. JillsChicks

JillsChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2007
    Western NY
    Ok, here are two photos of "Prima" otherwise known as "Grandpa Munster." What in the world is she/he? We've seen her "talk/crow," but she has no wattles and a peacomb. She was quick to feather out. Chickens from the mixed flock included Araucana, Black Australorp, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, White Leghorn, & Rhode Island Reds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a photo of Buffy who was once all yellow! This chicken acts like a rooster calling out and challenging others.

[​IMG]

Now here is Betty Boop/Rocky... Please tell me she's a Black Australorp hen!
    [​IMG]

And last but not least is my favorite "Buck-Buck". I'm praying this on is a hen - looks like a leghorn, right? I think she's a rooster though.

[​IMG]

Bye and thanks, Ann

2. bugladynora

bugladynora New Egg

Aug 11, 2007
    Southern NM
    I can't help with any questions, but enjoyed the pictures. My that chicken does look like Grandpa Munster. [​IMG]

3. chickenwoods

chickenwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    **||OKLAHOMA||**
    Hmmmmmm,well none of them are buffs,or rirs.
    That last pic,i cant tell if she is a leghorn or not....but leghorns do have over sized combs and wattles,probably not a roo.

In that second pic that bird on the ground looks like a wleghorn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by