Photos of My Quail Hatch!!

Frankallen

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Alabama
As I posted yesterday I had the best Hatch ever on Quail eggs (Jumbo Browns and A&ms...Thanks to JJ for suggesting I hatch them in a Quail Egg Carton upright!! I haven't fool with Quail
since 2003 and now I back into it....Right before I put them in to hatch I had Candled several eggs out. So I ended up with 90 eggs going in to te last 2 days... I hatched out around 81 give or take a few.

These were shipped Eggs from Arkansas......Just so you understand, I got rid of several eggs before Lock down!! I ordered 100 eggs they shipped 150....The US Mail broke 30 eggs. 30 eggs disposed of through Candling. So, I ended up
with 90 Eggs going in to "Lockdown"!!
I also love this Bator it's an older model 1588 with only 5 dip switches instead of 8,like the newer models. Set on Factory Setting. At lock down filled both troughs with water This thing is Awesome on Hatching!! Will have to divide these Boogers
pretty soon they will outgrow this Toke fast!!

Hope everyone is Lucky as Me!! Thanks for all the Support here!!
smile.png

Frank

137589679.jpg

137589682.jpg

137589680.jpg

137589683.jpg

137589681.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous pics!! Really love seeing all the cute little chicks
big_smile.png
Hope everything goes alright with them. More pics as they grow would be great!
smile.png
ya.gif

good stuff and nice pics.

Frank, Im sorry to say, I note that your case of the rare "quail fuzzybutt" syndrome, which you- professed had been in remission for ~8 years, is flaring back up again.

well, nice to see you here for your therapy with all of us...

smile.png

Hatching quail never seems to get old...Aren't they just adorable?
love.gif
Glad you had such a great hatch!
smile.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
You can almost see a "flare-up" coming on cant ya... pace'n around kinda sweaty, compulsively gatherin eggs, Left eye starts to twitch a bit.... ya, just a matter of time and your gonna hatch somethin... Frank we feel your pain man!! Bill

Quote:

That came from my 7 year old. last summer he bare handed caught a pigeon at the beach (the prissy mom-beach with the seaside yoga classes, mind you), looked up smiled and said "mom, i wanna take it home", I sweetly point out we're out of cages.. "I wanna eat it mom", my god you should've seen the looks, people thought he was homeless and starving... they kept offering him cookies "we don't have cookies at home" (because his brother is allergic to wheat, the house is full of food!). There's just no way to save face when your dirty child is making pathetic faces and talking about eating beach pigeons.

Quote:

That came from my 7 year old. last summer he bare handed caught a pigeon at the beach (the prissy mom-beach with the seaside yoga classes, mind you), looked up smiled and said "mom, i wanna take it home", I sweetly point out we're out of cages.. "I wanna eat it mom", my god you should've seen the looks, people thought he was homeless and starving... they kept offering him cookies "we don't have cookies at home" (because his brother is allergic to wheat, the house is full of food!). There's just no way to save face when your dirty child is making pathetic faces and talking about eating beach pigeons.

FUNNY STUFF
smile.png

WHEN DS WAS JUST A MERE LAD HE WENT WITH PAPAW AND NANNA FOR A VACATION BACK HOME IN KY, NOW HE'S BEEN RAISED HERE IN THE SWAMPS OF FLORIDA AND AS A HUNTER SO... WHILE UP THERE THEY TOOK HIM TO THE THEN NEWLY OPENED NEWPORT AQUAIRIUM AND WHILST TOOLING ALONG THROUGH ALL THE EXHIBITS THEY COME TO AN AMERICAN ALLIGATOR EXHIBIT, A VERY NICE 1 IN WHICH YOU WALK OVER A CLEAR ACCRYLIC BRIDGE OR PATH OVER THE GATOR TANK... BEING NEW MOST OF THE INHABITANTS ON DISPLAY WERE YOUNG AND SMALL 3-4 FOOTISH RANGE... WHILE LOOKING DOWN AND WATCHING HE LOUDLY MUTTERED "WHY PAPPAW THEM THINGS AINT EVEN BIG ENOUGH TO EAT YET!" BIG CITY FOLKS WERE SAID TO TURN GHOSTLY WHITE UPON HEARING THAT
smile.png

FOR REFERENCE AT THAT TENDER TIME IN HIS YOUNG LIFE .. AGE 3-4 YRS OLD OR SO HE HAD BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO WATCHING ME CLEAN AND BUTCHER MY YEARLY GATOR HARVESTS HERE.. SINCE I SHOOT RATHER THAN BAIT HOOKS I AM AFFORDED THE ABILITY TO PICK AND CHOOSE... AND WHEN YOUR CHOICE AFFECTS THE AMOUNT OF MEAT IN YOUR FREEZER AND THE SIZE OF THE HIDE WHICH IS SOLD BY THE FOOT YOU TEND TO GO FOR MORE LARGER ANIMALS IF THE OPPORTUNITY PRESENTS ITSELF
smile.png
RARELY DO I HARVEST ANY LESS THAN 8-9 FT

Back
Top Bottom