1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

photos of some of my birds.. breed and possible ages?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kerriliane, Sep 28, 2010.

1. kerriliane

kerriliane Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Langley, BC, Canada
    Most of these are mixed breeds for sure..
    I have a bunch of little banties and a bantam rooster... hes crowing so I know he's of age.. but Ive yet to see him jump on a chicken like my leghorn does(and the leghorn just found out he was a roo 3 days ago!)

Rooster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These 2 are sisters & Im pretty sure they're silkie/RIRs
    [​IMG]

Not sure about these ones
    [​IMG]
    I know the middle one is one of the banties, and the back one is a rooster.. BUt the bantie is SO small... is that normal?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RIR?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm not sure of the breeds, but they surely are pretty. [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    The last girl looks like a red sex link. Those are some crazy crests on th silkie x RIR girls! You should name the one in the front ZsaZsa [​IMG]

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    those mixed banties make great mamas, you have some very cute ones. as far a size there are lots of sizes of banties it all depends on the parents. seramaa can be a small as a coke can [​IMG] this is one of my OEGB he fits in my hand
    [​IMG]

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Your little banty roo looks like a quail D'Anver or D'Anver cross. The two reddish hens with crests look to be Polish crosses. The little banty hen could be a silkie cross or a polish cross. Does she have extra toes or feathering on the legs? The blue and gold roo is an EE. The black and white roo looks like it might be a Lakenvelder cross. And the red hens appear to be sex links. A very pretty rainbow flock.

6. kerriliane

kerriliane Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Langley, BC, Canada
    the silkie x RIR's.. I named the darker red one with the blonde "mane" Fabio.. and the one with the poof on it's head - Esmerelda. Those are the only two I've named.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by