Photos showing sideways

iPhones add a code to the image file that does this.

Make sure that the photo is flipped the correct way and save it as a png.

insert the png image into the post. Hopefully that will fix the problem

Attachments

• Advanced Chicken Math.png
    Advanced Chicken Math.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 2
You can create a Shortcut in the Shortcut app that can take care of this.
B1B3E3BE-6B36-4CBA-A195-46940ECCEA14.jpeg

This takes the picture(s) I select and converts them to jpeg files then saves them in the JPGs file in Photos. If I want to upload a picture, I go to Shortcuts and run Backyard Chickens Photo, select the pics I want, then come back to my browser and insert the pictures, being sure to select the pictures in the JPGs folder.

If this seems confusing, I can break it down into more steps. I just learned how to do shortcuts this summer so they are new-ish to me too:)

You can create a Shortcut in the Shortcut app that can take care of this.
View attachment 2364761
This takes the picture(s) I select and converts them to jpeg files then saves them in the JPGs file in Photos. If I want to upload a picture, I go to Shortcuts and run Backyard Chickens Photo, select the pics I want, then come back to my browser and insert the pictures, being sure to select the pictures in the JPGs folder.

If this seems confusing, I can break it down into more steps. I just learned how to do shortcuts this summer so they are new-ish to me too:)
Confusing? Yes :). I just learned that iPhone was saving them in a new format and fixed that. Now I'm up against this.:(

Okay seems like I may have found the issue. When I upload photos full size, they appear right side up. When I resize it before uplaoding the appear sideways so it is something in the interface between BYC and Iphone photos. I'm on my laptop now but just posed in a thread on my iPhone and it showed right side up.

Okay seems like I may have found the issue. When I upload photos full size, they appear right side up. When I resize it before uplaoding the appear sideways so it is something in the interface between BYC and Iphone photos. I'm on my laptop now but just posed in a thread on my iPhone and it showed right side up.
When you resized, the iPhone software added a code that confuses the editor on byc

That’s really good to know! I will save my shortcut for the photos that need cropping and just insert my full size photos as-is. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom